“Tiny space, huge flavor!!!”
Review of 116 State Street

116 State Street
Ranked #11 of 147 Restaurants in West Columbia
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Here for Sunday brunch... Food delicious. Had the Berkshire pork chop with orzo salad and a "bloody gazpacho". Everything better than I expected, even though a well-traveled foodie friend had told me this has become his favorite restaurant in Columbia. I'll be a regular for brunch from now on, especially since it's also served on Saturday. Dinner menu looks formidable as well.

In nice weather, some outside sidewalk seating helps augment the tiny space inside (only 10 tables plus the bar). Interesting decor by local artists is for sale.

2  Thank SophiaIsabella

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is, by far, one of our favorite restaurants!! The staff and the food are awesome!! We have turned a lot of people onto this little find and they love it too!!

2  Thank Cristan C
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The food was excellent and definitely a nice change to the palate. I ordered the chimichurri tasting plate and contemplated ordering a second round because it was so tasty! However, even though it was a busy Friday night, I was not terribly impressed with our server. I met up with a group where a couple members were running a little late to our reservation. Our server seemed to be irritated, and while I understood her frustration, I found it rude that she took it out on us. She practically slammed our plates down on the table when she brought our food. It was unfortunate that an otherwise good meal was ruined by poor service. I feel like I would need to visit again under better circumstances in order to truly enjoy the service.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

116 Espresso has a great brunch. The specials change, but everything is good and freshly made. They do not take reservations and they are crowded so you need to expect to wait. The staff is friendly. We have been for dinner and that is good also. I had the salad made with local micro greens and a great piece of tuna. Excellent!

3  Thank sciencerules03
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Ate at 116 State Street Saturday night. Thankfully got there right before the crowd. When we were eating there was a line waiting for tables. I had a delightful Salmon Skewer served over mango and coconut rice. WOW! Just like the Islands, Mon.

2  Thank MDSkincare