We booked this room because we had a 6:15 am flight departure on 12/19/2010. We were told they would provide transportation to and from the airport. When our travel agent called 1 week before our arrival, he was assured that we would have transportation to the airport by 4:45 am on the 19th. When we arrived at the hotel on the 18th we were told that out transportation to the airport the next morning was taken care of by Patricia the manager. When we arrived in the lobby on the morning of the 19th, the desk clerk (Shawn)knew nothing of our needs for transportation. When he called Patricia (manager) she apparantly forgot to make the arrangements for us and told Shawn to try to call us a cab. The cab company was not sure when they could get a cab there for us. So Shawn closed up the hotel and took us to the airport himself. The story does not end there. We were called by Holiday Inn while away on our trip that there would be transportation from the airport to our car ready when we touched down, all we were to do was call the hotel and someone would come and pick us up. Our flight arrived later then schedualed and when we called for our ride, the clerk told us that it wasn't his problem that we arrived late and we needed to find our own way to the hotel to get our car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia-Airport, one of our top priorities is ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for our guests, employees and future generations by implementing environmentally responsible practices in every aspect of our hotel, from the original design to the day-to-day operations.Opened on Earth Day, April 22, 2010, our property is South Carolina's 1st full-service eco-friendly hotel. The property achieved Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification in 2012 and was titled Best Of South Carolina. Our green hotel located in Columbia, SC is not only safer and more healthy for guests and employees, but also for our community. The 122 room hotel has incorporated features that include a state-of-the-art ventilation system to improve air quality, energy recovery technology to temper outside air, rain water harvesting, tank-less hot water heaters, use of low emitting volatile organic compound (VOC) paint, adhesives., carpet, high efficiency fixtures and traction elevators designed for high energy efficiency. Owned by Capital Hospitality, LLC. and operated by Courtesy Management Inc. of Orangeburg, Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia-Airport looks to meet the increasing demands of guests who appreciate an environmentally focused design as well as high level of service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport Hotel West Columbia
- Holiday Inn And Suites Columbia - Airport