“Very Nice”

Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in West Columbia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 23, 2014

First time staying here. I travel quite a bit, domestically and internationally. This is one of the best Holiday Inns I've stayed at. The facility is very nice, the service is very good. The lounge & restaurant are above average for hotels in this category. All in all, very nice.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Marcus_Munse, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Unclecurt,

Thank you for the excellent review. Our team really enjoys receiving this positive feedback, proving that our hard work does not go unnoticed. I am also happy to see that you were very impressed with every aspect of your stay except for the location. Unfortunately that is something we cannot control; however, I hope that the other areas of your stay made up for it.

We look forward to having you as our guest in the future,

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Great, safe, family friendly. Clean lobby and very responsive front desk service by the guys on duty. Perfect distance from airport and downtown. The sporting news grill food was excellent; I had the Club sandwich and it filled me up for dinner. Many beers on draft and sports on many TV's. No complaints at all, this is the way hotels are supposed to be run. Southern hospitality at it's finest. Was offered a breakfast package for my wife and I. They really told us everything we needed quickly and without holding us up from a long trip (Ohio to Florida). Soft and firm pillows worked great for me and my wife, clean sheets and quiet elevators. Everyone we passed smiles and asked us how our stay was and if anything could be done to make it better. We will stay here again and recommend to others. Thanks again!

Room Tip: The pool was outdoor due to out of season, but we took advantage of the pool lounge area.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Marcus_Munse, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

We love hearing reviews like this!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share the details of your great stay. Smiles, pleasantries, and the genuine extra effort of our team say so much more than the brick, mortar, and steel of our building. This truly is an prime example of how our brand creates Great Hotels that Guests Love. This is why we are in the hospitality industry so you can be sure that I will be sharing this will all of my team members.

Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you next time you travel to/from Ohio and Florida.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn from Oct.4th to Oct.6th, In town for the South Carolina football game.The hotel is very clean and close to the stadium and campus. The staff is excellent and the Sporting News Grill had good food and great service. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are in town for a Gamecock football game or just visiting.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Marcus_Munse, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Columbia,

Regards,

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Great staff and nice property, about 3 years old. Rooms face onto freeway ramp with trucks gearing up all night, overlooking an extended stay hotel that is being remodeled and makes coming in from the parking lot an adventure.

Room Tip: Get a room on the opposite side of the hotel from the freeway.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Marcus_Munse, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your response. You are correct about the property next door to us, they are remodeling that hotel with hopes of a more pleasant view for our guests. I apologize that the interstate noise was such and issue for you. We take pride in our advanced building envelope that helps to maintain a comfortable interior atmosphere for our guests. Next time you visit us please let me know and I will be sure to place you in a room that is away from the interstate and facing the front of our property.

Marcus Miunse

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were traveling through Columbia on business and stayed here for two nights. The hotel is clean and appears to be safe. Don't let that fool you, its located next door to a meth/crack house even (according to the police)! Our U haul truck was hot wired and stolen out of the parking lot in the middle of the night. I called 4-5 times to speak with a manager about getting a refund after we got home. Finally, two weeks later he called back and told me they aren't responsible for what happens in the parking lot. Maybe they should not have built this hotel so close to a crack-house. If you do stay here avoid the food at the restaurant, its horrible and park as close to the entrance as possible!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I completely understand that you are upset about your vehicle being stolen out of the parking lot, as am I. I want nothing more than for our guests to feel safe. The property next door, which has no affiliation with the Holiday Inn, has not created any safety issues in the past. This evidence can be seen by reading our other reviews. We work closely with the Police Department who patrols our property often for an increased feeling of safety and security for our already safe hotel. In addition to this I worked with the investigator that was taking care of your case and assisted him in any way that I could. I was also informed by the police that your vehicle was recovered the following day with none of your personal belongings missing. I know that you feel we should compensate you for your vehicle being stolen; however, we are unable to be held responsible for our guest's vehicles or their vehicles belongings. This is common practice for all hotels with free parking for guests, as we have stated clearly on signage in the parking lot. Unfortunately, your memory of your stay here hinges on a crime that we did not commit.

I am sorry that you had to go through this incident during your stay here. If you decide to come back to our hotel please feel free to contact me in advance to ensure your stay is pleasant.

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel overall was not bad, but nothing overly exciting. It's a clean enough spot to stop when traveling if you're tired, which was our main reason. We stopped in off the highway, which was very convenient and got a room. My husband and I chose to go with the double queen for the rate they were asking. However soon found we should have opted for the king. The queen has no fridge or microwave.

The room was just ok other than that.

My biggest complaint was no free breakfast. Reward member or not. There's a sports bar grill restaurant attached to the hotel, so I guess that's their reasoning for that.

• Stayed: August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear alstwn2,

We appreciate you sharing your experience regarding your stay with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance
to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights and could not have had a better experience. Jonathan provided my family with a quick and easy check-in. He was efficient and very hospitable throughout the entire stay. Our rooms were spacious and spotless. You could tell once you entered the room that both housekeeping and maintenance take pride it their jobs. The rooms were in pristine condition and looked very new. We ate down at the restaurant for both dinner and breakfast and were impressed with the food as well as the service. The location of the hotel was a perfect distance from the airport and downtown attractions.

My only critique is that you invest in jumper cables for your property. Our car battery died and we finally found an individual in the restaurant who had a pair of cables. Other than that it was a wonderful stay!!! Thank you Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Lexington
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia Airport
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard
Residence Inn Columbia West/Lexington

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport? Share your experiences!