We have been staying at Holiday Inns for our vacation in South Carolina. Before this one, we stayed at the one in Mt. Pleasant, which was a very good experience. Then we came to this one.
Given the impressive lobby, and the friendly staff, we expected a lot. Yes, the hotel rooms were clean, but since they didn't have a junior suite like the one we had in Mt. Pleasant, the room was smaller, and so was the bathroom. Still, it wasn't bad. The hotel even has a sports restaurant attached to it.
One of the htings we base our choice on when looking for a place to stay is the offer of a free breakfast, and our AAA tour book said it provided one. The hotel doesn't have it's own breakfast room, instead you have to eat in the sports restaurant. When I went in the next morning to eat, I was asked if I had a voucher, which I did not. I told the hostess I was a guest at the hotel, but she told me I would have to order off the regular menu.
I went back to my room to pick up the tour book and verify that we were to get a free breakfast. It said we were, so with thebook in hand I went to the front desk and showed it to them. They seemed puzzled by it, even wanting to check that the book was a recent one. Then they gave me the voucher I probably should have gotten when I checked in and they saw I had made the reservation through AAA. And event though I had to order from a special menu for voucher pruchases, I will admit the breakfast I had was very good and filling.
My wife took this time at the hotel to do some much needed laundry. The washer is a front loader like she has at home, and when she opened the door to load it, she found there was mold on the gaskets. She always keeps the door on her washer open so mold doesn't collect, but there was no sign on the hotel washer telling users to leave the door open. Also, I would think housekeeping could check on a regular basis for mold.
I should also mention the swiimming pool. We didn't use it, but it's so small a family of four would half fill it up. And there is an apparently abandoned motel next door to this property, and it's really rundown, which makes for a nice view from your window.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia-Airport, one of our top priorities is ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for our guests, employees and future generations by implementing environmentally responsible practices in every aspect of our hotel, from the original design to the day-to-day operations.Opened on Earth Day, April 22, 2010, our property is South Carolina's 1st full-service eco-friendly hotel. The property achieved Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification in 2012 and was titled Best Of South Carolina. Our green hotel located in Columbia, SC is not only safer and more healthy for guests and employees, but also for our community. The 122 room hotel has incorporated features that include a state-of-the-art ventilation system to improve air quality, energy recovery technology to temper outside air, rain water harvesting, tank-less hot water heaters, use of low emitting volatile organic compound (VOC) paint, adhesives., carpet, high efficiency fixtures and traction elevators designed for high energy efficiency. Owned by Capital Hospitality, LLC. and operated by Courtesy Management Inc. of Orangeburg, Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia-Airport looks to meet the increasing demands of guests who appreciate an environmentally focused design as well as high level of service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport Hotel West Columbia
- Holiday Inn And Suites Columbia - Airport