The hotel is beautiful and comfortable, and I really appreciate all the 'green' features. However, I have two fairly major complaints.
First, the free airport shuttle was complete booked for an hour before and an hour after my preferred departure time by airline crews staying at the hotel. If they are going to offer shuttle services, and if they are a primary hotel for the crews, they should either upsize the shuttle, add another, or provide taxi service - - at least for Platinum priority members.
The second issue was the noise factor. When I inquired upon checkout, I discovered the hotel is very close to one of the major hospitals. All night long there was constant ambulance, fire, or other first-responder type siren activity.
A third minor complaint was the sporadic internet service. I was on the fifth floor and it was pretty poor most of the evening.
Other reviewers have mentioned the breakfast coupon provided at checkin. Again, as a Platinum member, I would have appreciated receiving one.
OK, one more little thing - - the coffee table in the living area. I was upgraded to a beautiful suite with separate living and sleeping areas. Is anyone else having troubles with the sharp cornerd coffee tables in many of these suites? This was not the first time I have collided with the table in the wee morning hours. This time it was a stubbed toe, most times it has been knicked shins. It would be interesting to know the percentage of guests who appreciate and use the tables compared to those of us who curse them! I know, I know - - I could have turned on a light.
Well, that reminds me of one last issue - - electrical outlets. No bedside outlet and limited outlets throughout the suite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia-Airport, one of our top priorities is ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for our guests, employees and future generations by implementing environmentally responsible practices in every aspect of our hotel, from the original design to the day-to-day operations.Opened on Earth Day, April 22, 2010, our property is South Carolina's 1st full-service eco-friendly hotel. The property achieved Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification in 2012 and was titled Best Of South Carolina. Our green hotel located in Columbia, SC is not only safer and more healthy for guests and employees, but also for our community. The 122 room hotel has incorporated features that include a state-of-the-art ventilation system to improve air quality, energy recovery technology to temper outside air, rain water harvesting, tank-less hot water heaters, use of low emitting volatile organic compound (VOC) paint, adhesives., carpet, high efficiency fixtures and traction elevators designed for high energy efficiency. Owned by Capital Hospitality, LLC. and operated by Courtesy Management Inc. of Orangeburg, Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia-Airport looks to meet the increasing demands of guests who appreciate an environmentally focused design as well as high level of service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport Hotel West Columbia
- Holiday Inn And Suites Columbia - Airport