Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Executive Inn(West Columbia)
Comfort Inn(Columbia)
View Hotel
All reviewsattached restaurantwaffle housechicken tendersvan driversfree breakfastlast minute stopsports restaurantin house restaurantclean sheetsstayed here for one nightfootball gamelittle thingsthe entire hotelyogurtcomfy bedvery nice stayfitness room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I love this property. The staff was incredible. The decor was outstanding. Location to the airport perfect. In addition they are a very environmentally friendly hotel. And that, even though I love this place, is why I probably won't stay here again. I travel on business many nights a year and cannot stand to stay at a hotel that it when I take a shower it takes five minutes for my hair to get wet! Unfortunately, the "environmentally conscience" shower head has lost this customer! This traveler needs more than a trickle of water!

Room Tip: Great hotel, ask if they have a room with a
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank johndfffff
TPDurham, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are working hard on our LEED Gold Certification and we believe in reducing the carbon footprint we put on the earth. With that being said, we want our customers to enjoy every aspect of their stay. Low water pressure is not a normal complaint I hear from our customers. We would really appreciate it if you would give us another opportunity to prove we are the best eco-friendly hotel in Columbia!

Reviewed July 14, 2011

We had a baseball tournament in the area and the coach chose the hotel. We were going to stay anyway but the reviews on TripAdvisor were favorable so I had high expectations. The room was clean and modern. A little cramped for 2 adults and 2 teenagers but any hotel room would have been. There was a washing machine on the 3rd floor (free of charge but bring detergent) which was a nice plus. My only issue was breakfast which was included off of a set menu. We waited probably 10-15 minutes the first morning for bacon and eggs and toast and we witnessed another guest wait just as long and have to leave. We didn't even bother the second morning. Reception was nice and there were recycle bins everywhere. Never used the pool or exercise room.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

We appreciate your input and we are very proud of our hotel and restaurant! We serve a made to order hot breakfast which cannot always be delivered in 10 minutes. Being a new property, we are still evaluating the staffing needs of high volume mornings. We would love the opportunity to serve you and your ball team again.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Love the Hotel!! Had a bad experience not once but twice at the Sorting News Restaurant. I, my wife and my son stayed their several days ago. Restaurant manager was rude throughout entire visit. She would stand in the background and stare at all the customers as we werew prisoners and she had to keep guard on us. Very uncomfortable!
At 10:30 p.m. (FRIDAY) , my wife wanted to order something for our son because he had called from room and said he was hungry. When she went place the order to the bartender...... i looked in the mirror and saw the manager motion to her to not take our order.
I asked the bartender what time they closed and she said 11:00 p.m. She said kitchen was already closed. THEN...... about 5 minutes later, the table behind us placed an order to go and it was accepted by their server. My wife turned around to the manager who was staring at eveyone and asked "are you open or not"?
After seeing our frustration she said "yes mam, we are open til 11:00 pm. Only then were we allowed to order.
It seemed that the manager of this restaurant closes whenever she sees fit. Whether hours are to 11 or not.

VERY ROOD RESTAURANT STAFF!!!! WILL NEVER RETURN TO THIS HOTEL DUE TO THE FACT OF THE RUDENESS OF THE RESTAURANT. TOO BAD...... NICE HOTEL!

Room Tip: Needs fridges and microwaves in rooms
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I was in town on business, attending a convention about 5 miles away at the city's convention center.

I was very impressed by the friendliness of the staff: Front Desk personnel frequently addressed me by name when I was in the lobby, and our waiter in the restaurant was also very chipper and gleeful with his service.

I had booked two rooms and was given an upgrade to a suite for one of them, which helped start my trip off to a great start. I am a Platinum with Holiday Inn (and upgrades are a benefit of the membership status, but I never take upgrades for granted). Thanks HI!

The hallway temperature in the corridors where the rooms are located is warmer than usual, but I suppose that was because the hotel was conserving of its use of energy. This Holiday Inn is LEED certified, meaning that it recycles a lot and has incorporated ways of doing business that minimize its environmental impact, so that was reassuring.

The "business center" is an area with one computer in an open-air environment adjacent to the lobby; so if you're coming to do business, you may want to bring a laptop if you want to feel free to use the internet without the possibility of having to wait for someone to finish their use of the hotel's single guest-computer.

It would've been nice to also get free breakfast, since I know other full-service HI's in the area give that particular benefit to the brand's most loyal travelers. Free food is a great way to attract or even retain business of the brand's most loyal travelers.

Overall though - I had a blast and would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Columbia area. The service was impeccable, the rooms were excellent, and the location was perfect - just off the interstate, and less than 5 miles from my business destination.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2011

My family (3 kids 9,6,4 ages and husband) stayed at the hotel over memorial weekend. THe hotel is very new and is a hidden secret. It is just a very clean and lovely place. The front desk staff was friendly and even the guest. The rooms are kinda small. There is not much of a view from room but the decor makes up for that. It sits off the interstate but still nice and quiet. The pool is outside and smaller than I expected just from the looks of the hotel and others I have seen. We didnt get to enjoy the resturant there only because there was one staff member on hand. It must not pick up much business during lunch hours. A nice place but we didnt feel as if we were going to be taken care of too well, it just didnt give off a great vibe.

Room Tip: Call hotel morning of arrival, n ask 4 what u like
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family