“Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in West Columbia
Columbus, Ohio
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

I had the suite with jacuzzi. I enjoyed my 2 day stay. Very good breakfast after I upgraded from cold to hot. The cold breakfast looked good but i was craving bacon and eggs!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Allen_Fredrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2011

This hotel had a friendly and very helpful staff. The hotel is very clean and nice. The room was great the bed was really comfortable and there was a coffee maker and hairdryer in the room. There is a great restaraunt and lounge in the hotel with complimentary continental breakfast. The location was perfect it was close to downtown I was able to go and see the state house, also there is shopping not far from the hotel. The staff is very knowledeable about the area and even had tickets available for the local zoo. They gave complimentary papers to me during my stay. They had shuttle service to and from the airport which was very convenient for me. They have a business center which allowed me to go ahead in check-in for my flight prior to taking shuttle back to airport. They also have a fitness center with some great equipment as well as an outdoor pool which I hope to come back and use during the summer months. The rooms at the hotel are very affordable and nice I would definetly reccomend to anyone.

Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank tazmonkey1999
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

The hotel was only ok because it is old and I was very disappointed that it did not have a spa tub that was listed in the amenities on expedia. I would have rather spent an extra $10-20 to get a newer facility with a spa tub. They have made a decent effort to keep the place clean, but you will notice little things like mold in the closet area. But for $79 it is ok if you want a reasonably clean motel to stay. Also if you get a ground floor outside room you can pull your car right up to your door.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Blacksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2010

I came to visit some friends that live in the area, and decided to stay at this hotel due to its rates. Since it is not located in "downtown" columbia the rates are a bit cheaper but downtown is still only 10 min away. I must say I was pleasantly surprised, you can tell its an older building but the inside was very clean and new looking. I was informed later that they changed from a Holiday Inn to a Clarion Inn in March and remodeled everything. The rooms, bathroom, and furniture all looked brand new, and the pool was ALOT bigger than any of the other hotels I've stayed at before. Everything was good and met or exceeded my expectations, including the property, rooms, bathrooms, facilities, and especially the staff.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank SCHokie_07
Ledyard, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

Suzanne at the front desk mad this hotel very memorable. She is one of those people who obviously loves her job, loves people, and has an incredibly posititive friendly attitude. It didn't hurt that she used to live in Connecticut where we're from so we had a lot to talk about. Even though there was a problem with our discount card, Suzanne and the manager spent a lot of time trying to resolve the issue to our benefit. Fantastic people and the hotel was nice too. We will definitely stay there again on our next trip to Columbia.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Days Inn & Suites Columbia Airport
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia Airport

Been to Clarion Inn Columbia-Airport? Share your experiences!