“GREAT SERVICE AND VALUE”

Clarion Inn Columbia-Airport
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in West Columbia
Columbia, South Carolina
“GREAT SERVICE AND VALUE”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean rooms, great service, highly recommend and convenient
to local attractions. This located near Riverbanks Zoo which is a great attraction and convenient
to the Columbia airport.

Room Tip: Al depends on your preference on rooms. Drive-up or inside court room. Both super.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Vernon R
Clarion358, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Columbia-Airport, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a great review of your stay. Your gracious compliments are greatly appreciated. We value your partnership and the years of loyalty you have shown to the property. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was recently in town and stay at this hotel, where I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff was very delightful and the hotel was very clean. Where ever I was located in the hotel I was always greeted with a smile by one of the staff members. Pleasant stay for a nice affordable price! When I return to Columbia I will definitely be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Clarion358, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Columbia-Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a wonderful review of your stay. Your gracious compliments of the hotel and staff are greatly appreciated. I will make sure to share your comments with my associates. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Sanford, Florida, United States
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I made a reservation at the Hampton Inn...once I got into the room it was unclean and unfit to stay overnight in. I came down to the Clarion Inn and they were very accommodating. The staff is very polite and the hotel is clean with easy access to the interstate. I highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Clarion358, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Columbia-Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a wonderful review of your stay. I will make sure to share your comments with my associates. I am very pleased that our property was able to provide you with a great stay after the troubles you had previously dealt with. We all look forward to have you visit with us in the near future.
Orchard Park NY
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The restaurant and lounge. BOTH times I have stayed there, they ran out of many types of beer in the bar. Other than their lack of bar inventory management, it is a nice place. The food is good and affordable as well. And the price is great - I paid $90 a night for a large two room suite. Also, before booking this hotel, realize there is a charge for breakfast if you are one who looks for free breakfast.

Room Tip: Get the suite - it is still less than other hotels regular rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank scottop
Clarion358, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Columbia-Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a lovely review of your stay. Your gracious compliments of the hotel and restaurant are greatly appreciated and I will make sure to share them with my associates.

Your satisfaction is a great importance to all staff members here at the Clarion Inn. I apologize for the limited beer selection and any inconvenience this may have caused you. We do make sure to provide quality products and with specialty beer the demand is very hard to gauge.

Complimentary Continental breakfast is included in all qualifying sleeping room rates. Our guests are given an option to upgrade to a full hot buffet at an additional charge.

We value your loyalty to our property. Upon your next trip, please feel free to request a notation on your reservation with our friendly front desk representative of the brand of beer you will be consuming during your stay and I will personally make sure we stock to meet your request. We all look forward to have you visit with us in the future.
Naples, Florida
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was checked in by Suzanne who was pleasant, knowledgable and helpful. The highlight of my stay was the magnificent towels. Very plush, not the terry-cardboard I've been experiencing at most hotels. The only disappointment was the out-of-order ice machine that required me to either walk to the other end of the building or go to the second floor.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Jerry D
I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and I want to thank you for your very kind words. I will make sure to share your comments with my associates and look forward to welcome you again at our hotel, in the near future.

As far as the ice machines, I apologize for any inconvenience the out of service may have caused you. The issues have been addressed and properly attended to, which will ensure no additional problems in the future.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel was selected and paid for by Channel 70 Video Production client as it's the most convenient to his location. The desk staff was courteous and competent. We got great parking for our truck. The hotel needs a remake ASAP.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Channel_70
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay.

Our location is ideal for guests requiring ample parking and easy access to the interstate. We are constantly making improvements and upgrades to ensure the highest satisfaction of our guests. We have new carpeting, white linens, granite countertops, framed mirrors, updated prints, etc.

We truley appreciate your feedback and will continue improving our property. Safe Travels!
Gold Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We arrived on a Thursday afternoon, and our stay was on points; we chose this hotel for the pool. The first room we had did not have a micro-fridge, since we were going to be in town for 3 nights they moved us to another room. The second room smelled of urine, and the toilet was not well seated to the floor; every time we sat down, the toilet shifted. I did report this and we could have moved, but had no intention of changing rooms again. The staff informed me the problems would be addressed upon our checkout. The hotel offered a continental breakfast; cereal, toaster waffles, white and whole wheat bread; danish, canned fruit, some fresh fruit, juice, coffee and milk. The hotel advertises coffee in the lobby 24/7, but the regular was out 2 of the 3 days of our stay. The pool was green, and it did not appear to have been cleaned recently, and I would not get in. I should have read the other reviews on TripAdvisor before booking our stay; I will not make that mistake again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Deborah M
I thank you for your comments and please accept my apologies for having disappointed you.
The condition and quality of the hotel is always of great importance to us. Our property does equip some of our sleeping rooms with microwaves/refrigerators. These amenities are not guaranteed and must be requested at check-in/reservation and are solely based upon availability. We are a pet friendly hotel however, the odor you may have experienced in your room could have been a result of the air conditioning units. Often when someone applies weight it will shift into the room and liquid will create an odor in the carpet. I apologize that this was overlooked by our housekeeping staff and I can assure you it has been properly addressed.

We do extend gourmet coffee in our lobby. During particular peak weekends there may be some circumstances where the volume of occupancy will depleat the coffee before proper management can replenish it. We will do our best to ensure this is not an issue in the future.

Our pool is cleaned and the levels of the water are checked daily. Often times the rainfall and in house groups can affect the pool suddenly. We have children that will arrive and they enjoy getting into the pool after outdoor activities without properly batheing. I assure you that the pool is never open without the proper levels being met.

Again, I do apologize if we have disappointed you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Columbia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia Airport
Sleep Inn Airport
Sleep Inn Airport
#3 of 11 in West Columbia

Been to Clarion Inn Columbia-Airport? Share your experiences!