This was probably the nicest, cleanest hotel we have every stayed at. First walked into the lobby, I knew this was a good place. It was so nice, beautifly decorated. The clerk at the lobby was very polite and helpful. He gave us a discounted price for our room, which was a nice surprise. The grounds were also very clean, nicely landscaped, even though it was pouring rain when we arrived.
We got to our room, and I was in total shock as to how nice the room was. I always hold my breath when entering a hotel room because you just never know what to expect. The room was spotless. The beds were made with very pretty comforters, a real pretty burgandy color, and the mattresses were the pillowtop kind.There were plenty of pillows on the beds as well. The vanity was well stocked with towels, and toiletries. Also there was a coffee maker, microwave and a small fridge in the room. The bathroom was spotless as well. The shower had that new curved shower rod, which was nice. My only complaint, and its just a personal preference for me, so not really a complaint, is that I prefer the vanity and bathroom to be in one room, not seperate, my reason being is so my husband is not disturbed by hairdryer, the lights, things like that if he wants to sleep in. But as I said, thats just my personal preference. Also, there was the breakfast area, in the lobby. It was stocked with the usual continental breakfast, but there was also a waffle maker so you could make your own waffles, and also a crock pot with fresh oatmeal cooking. I would like to have seen maybe some fresh fruit but there was orange and apple juice. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. It was a great place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Days Inn and Suites Airport West Columbia is conveniently located one mile from the Columbia Metropolitan Airport. We offer a free airport shuttle for hotel guests. The University of South Carolina, home of the Gamecocks is located six miles away. The hotel is also close to attractions like Riverbanks Zoo and Garden, South Carolina State Museum, Lake Murray and Ft. Jackson Army Base home of the US Army Soldier Support Institute and the 171st and 157th Infantry Brigade.shuttle service available for a nominal fee from 6 am till 11 pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Columbia Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn And Suites Airport
- Days Inn & Suites Airport Hotel West Columbia
- Comfort Inn West Columbia
- West Columbia Comfort Inn