“Poor quality”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in West Columbia
Denver
“Poor quality”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

Rooms open to exterior (no inside hallway), curtains have holes, bedspread had cigarette burns, dated furniture, paint peeling from fiberglass bath/shower, all mirrors dirty, seemed to have been wiped w/dirty cloth, stains & burns in carpet. In short, a very basic, just-barely-clean-enough room.

• Stayed June 2011
T W, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Columbia Airport, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thanks for bringing these items to my attention- We are working on improving the hotel
overall and your comments do help. Appreciate your taking time to do this review

Jennifer Perry
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

My children and I had a reservation for two nights for my oldest's graduation. Upon entering the room the floor was soaking wet. My newborn has asthma and could not breath easily due to the mildew and moisture. Shaun the front desk manager was very professional and apologetic. The property manager Tarak -- would not apologize or help us. I will never return to a days inn due to the wretched rooms, horrible property management personnel and implore you to avoid this especially poor mom and pop hotel. Lousy absolutely lousy!

• Stayed May 2011
Warner Robins, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

my family and i came to this hotel since it was convenient to our main destination (fort jackson army base), when we got in our rooms there were holes in the wall. carpet was not clean. when i pulled back the comforter to rest, there was hair on the sheets. the pillows were as hard as rocks. also when we needed towels and called the front desk, she said we couldnt get any towels til the housekeepers came in the morning around 8:30am. i also found left over foods in our room. overall this was a terrible stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Va
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2010

The Days Inn saved my trip after the horrid experience I had at the Knights Inn just down the street. (If you want to know more about my horrible experience at the Knights Inn, just go to the title: "Gives Me The EEBIE JEEBIES". I had to flee the Knights Inn and went to the Days Inn in desperation. But, this choice was a good one. The reception area made me give a sigh of relief, the rooms were clean and smelled so good. The beds and pillows were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean and I just loved the cute shower curtain. I felt like an honored quest in this simple, well put together, very clean room. They even provided a menu to order food to your room. I haven't tried this yet, but I am sure it's great like everything else. So, if you are staying in West Columbia, SC. THIS DAYS INN IS THE WAY TO GO!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Sumter, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2010

Our stay at the Days Inn and Suites Airport was easy from the time reservations were made online until check-out. The front desk personel were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was more than adequate with a selection of breads with a good variety of jelly's and peanut butter as well as cream cheese, biscuits, sausage gravy, fruit, waffles and cereal. The pool, while not large, seemed more than adequate for the hotel size. When drawing a bath, I discovered the stopper wasn't working so called the front desk and the maintenance man was there with a new stopper in just a few minutes. We had no trouble using the internet in our room.

The jaccuzzi tub was quite nice. It was located in the room itself which might be a negative for some but worked fine for us. The bathroom was huge with a single sink, large counter, toilet and shower. The towels were large and quite soft and there were several in the bathroom when we arrived. There were nice soaps and shampoo although they were small. There was a basket with a selection of coffee and tea and a coffee maker on the counter. There was also a hair dryer mounted on the wall right by the sink. Both the jaccuzzi tub and the bathroom were very clean.

The linens on our king bed were very clean and soft but I am sad to say that the bed wasn't very comfortable - but not miserably so. There was plenty of drawer storage but the closet was quite small. An iron was mounted (removable) on the wall. The tv was on the dresser and didn't have a great picture but it did have a remote and was sufficient to see the weather and news. By the window there was a comfortable chair and ottoman.

While the door opens to outside, we felt very safe with the locks on the door at night. Pets are allowed but I saw no evidence of them outside the hotel. The cleaning staff was very friendly and helpful and not intrusive. We never saw any type of creepy crawly which in SC is saying something! There was plenty of parking and we were able to park at our door the entire weekend. The location is right by I26 which is convenient and the trip downtown for a concert was easy and only took a few minutes.

All in all, a really good experience.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Pawleys Island, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2008

Clean older motel that has recently been renovated. Decent standard breakfast. Nothing special, but well maintained and clean. Good value.

Stayed April 2008
Columbia, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2008

This was probably the nicest, cleanest hotel we have every stayed at. First walked into the lobby, I knew this was a good place. It was so nice, beautifly decorated. The clerk at the lobby was very polite and helpful. He gave us a discounted price for our room, which was a nice surprise. The grounds were also very clean, nicely landscaped, even though it was pouring rain when we arrived.
We got to our room, and I was in total shock as to how nice the room was. I always hold my breath when entering a hotel room because you just never know what to expect. The room was spotless. The beds were made with very pretty comforters, a real pretty burgandy color, and the mattresses were the pillowtop kind.There were plenty of pillows on the beds as well. The vanity was well stocked with towels, and toiletries. Also there was a coffee maker, microwave and a small fridge in the room. The bathroom was spotless as well. The shower had that new curved shower rod, which was nice. My only complaint, and its just a personal preference for me, so not really a complaint, is that I prefer the vanity and bathroom to be in one room, not seperate, my reason being is so my husband is not disturbed by hairdryer, the lights, things like that if he wants to sleep in. But as I said, thats just my personal preference. Also, there was the breakfast area, in the lobby. It was stocked with the usual continental breakfast, but there was also a waffle maker so you could make your own waffles, and also a crock pot with fresh oatmeal cooking. I would like to have seen maybe some fresh fruit but there was orange and apple juice. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. It was a great place.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Columbia
#8 of 10 in West Columbia
Quality Inn West Columbia
Quality Inn West Columbia
#6 of 10 in West Columbia

Been to Days Inn & Suites Columbia Airport? Share your experiences!