“Five Star Sleep Inn”
Review of Sleep Inn Airport

Sleep Inn Airport
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in West Columbia
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Where ever you find dedicated employees, you find great service and a great product and that's just what you will find at this Sleep Inn! Having cause for an extended hotel stay, we have been so impressed with this property. The employees -from the General Manager to the maintenance staff- are very obviously dedicated to this property and love their jobs! Upon check in I asked the front desk if they could tell me which floor might have a diet coke in the vending machines. After learning there were no diet cokes in the machines, the GM sent an employee up to my room with a liter bottle! That is an example of the way this staff treats every guest need. In spite of undergoing a complete property renovation, this hotel is clean, well stocked, quiet and in the perfect location for business or leisure stays. The beds are comfortable and the linens are fresh and soft ( I find most hotel linens to be harsh). The staff speaks when you pass them and go above and beyond to earn you're loyalty. They even go above and beyond with the continental type breakfast - offering local fruits and goodies. I understand we are talking Sleep Inn here and that brand is known for "no frills" economical but I would recommend this property over ANY in Columbia! This Sleep Inn should be a training property for all hotels brands! Five stars all the way for us!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank robin M
jennifer p, General Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Wow-thank you for such a glowing recommendation-I cannot wait to print and post this for all employees to see.Everyone does work hard and this will show them it is appreciated.Thank you so very much

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I had business in Columbia and decided to spend the night instead of rushing back home. We have always had a great experience at Sleep Inn's and this was no different. We were fortunate enough to stay on the 4th floor which had been recently renovated and it was great, quiet, clean room with updated furniture and bedding. Even though it is close to the airport we didn't hear constant planes landing and taking off and no noise from the road, well worth the time to get to our appointment.

Room Tip: At the present time only the 4th floor has been renovated so make sure you ask for a room on the 4th...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
jennifer p, General Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

What nice comments- thank you so much for taking time to do this- I will pass your
compliments on to my staff. Hopefully the entire hotel will be completely renovated
by October, 2013- I do hope you will come back to see us if in this area .

Jennifer Perry

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Landed at Columbia at midnight so booked this hotel to stay just for one night. Really close to the airport, found it clean and comfortable, the breakfast is adequate to get you on your way. Would definitely stay again if I travelled to this airport again especially as we got for a very reasonable price with expedia.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank calamityjane2016
jennifer p, General Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you so very much for the great review- I do hope you will come back to see us if
in this area.I will be sure to share this review with all my staff

Jennifer Perry
GM

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed at this location Sat. March 16 2013. I would not recommend it to anybody. While the location is great if you need to go to the airport (which is why we choose it) it is not good for anything else. EVERYTHING inside was in dire need of repair, paint, and/or remodeling. We got there in the evening & had to check out at 4:00 am for a flight so luckily we were only there about 10 hours total. There were four girls/women in our group ages 16-45. None of us would step foot in the shower or walk on the carpet without socks on. The area is not the best either. Not many places to eat besides a Waffle House & Shoney's. Like I said, we were only there for a quick few hours of sleep. If we had been planning to stay longer we would have checked out & found other hotel arrangements immediately. Look elsewhere when in Columbia SC!

Room Tip: My tip would be to not stay here at all
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
jennifer p, General Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

thank you for taking time to write a review on your recent hotel stay. I would first like to apologize for your dissatisfaction. As of March 25,2013,total renovation of the hotel began-the hotel is going to be absolutely beautiful after this much needed renovation is complete. It may take several months to complete the entire hotel so I hope you will give us another try after the completion- I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Jennifer -GM

Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Comfy bed, clean room, great service (they faxed a 35 page document for me with a smile). Great hot shower. Wish they used nicer smelling free soaps... This is a great room, great price $79 and if passing through I will stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank emunah
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Despite some other reviews, this hotel is not in a bad part of town and is convenient with many restaurants within 2 miles. It is not on a busy highway. It is far enough away from I-20 that there was no noise. We never heard an airplane take off or land (may have been the wind pattern). Although entirely enclosed and locked at night, an off duty Columbia police officer was on the property all night. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Everything worked and was served as advertised. It's not the Ritz; it's a Sleep Inn and Suites by Choice Hotels. They delivered exactly what they said they would, as usual.

Room Tip: For $10 more, take one of the suites. They are larger, better equipped and have flat screen TV's...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ROCKY S
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Yes, this is an older property, and somewhat worn, but I found my room to be clean and comfortable. It was completely adequate for a good nights' sleep, and I felt completely safe here. Sink and tub clean, sheets clean, bedspread & carpet worn but also clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
#7 of 11 in West Columbia
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#26 of 93 in Columbia

Been to Sleep Inn Airport? Share your experiences!