All reviewssliding door to the bathroomunder renovationnight clerklaundry roomwafflesstayed here for one nightstaff was friendlynice hotelbreakfast arearooms are cleancomfortable bedan overnight stayroom was largefitness centerfront desk staffcerealflorida
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Just recenetly spent two nights at the Sleep Inn Airport. The faciities are very good, but do need updating. The carpet is very dirty, with large sports in several places. The beds were wodnerful but the linens are tread bare. I think you could probably see thru the sheets, but they did have fitted sheets, whcih many hotels seem to lack these days. The coverlet-spread on the bed had to have been many years old. It also had holes in it and was very thread bare. The rooms were clean and, except for the carpet, and had both a frig and a microwave, which were helpful. Since we were not in the rooms very long, as we were there with a girls softball team, and they were playing durng the day and part of the night, it was doable, The front desk was very nice and check-in went very smoothly. It's not somewhere I would want to stay for a leisurely visit, as the neighborhood is questionable. If they will put some money into new carpet and linens, it would be a nice hotel, We did not use the complimentary breakfast, so can't comment on that. They only have ice machines on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th floors. It is right off I-26, but you could not hear the highway noise.

Room Tip: If you are interested in having an ice machine on your floor, ask for the 1st, 3rd or 5th floors.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2012

After several visits in the West Columbia Airport area, my wife and i finally decided to try the Sleep Inn Airport. And we were not disappoinited. The motel is located within a very quick drive to the airport.
From the moment we arrived everyone was freiendly, helpful and efficient.
The room, where we spent two nights, was large, very clean, comfortable, and quiet. Although located right along I-26 and in the flight path to the Columbia Airport, the room was never noisy.
If you want a bathtub, you will have to ask if they are available. Our room had a self-contained shower, with a door and not a curtain. This is something my wife and I both appreciated.
The bed, a king size, was extremely comfortable, with the right amount of cover. The room air conditioner was very quiet and worked quite well.
The free continental breakfast was the standard fare. Plenty of cereal, waffle maker, sweet Danish. Boiled eggs, sausage gravy and biscuits, toaster, milk and juice. The room was tended throughout the breakfast time and was extremely clean and well-stocked.
Would we stay there again? Absolutely!
An earlier reviewer said that there were no major restaurants nearby. That is correct. However there are severl smaller restaurants, including Lizard's Thicket, which features great home style meals at really good prices.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SquareCaller
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I read several bad reviews on this hotel and contemplated changing my reservation but just didn't have the time to do so. Now I'm glad I didn't. The hotel was what we needed for our short trip to the Columbia area and that was comfortable, quiet, safe and economical. Although the bedding wasn't up to date, the mattress was, it looked newer and was very comfortable. I liked the fact that when we turned in for the night we didn't hear doors slamming or loud people in the hall. All in all we had a good experience and will stay there again when in the area.

Room Tip: If possible, book a whirlpool suite. The whirlpool is actually a jetted extra large tub in the spacious bathroom. It's not the typical corner tub that you can't stretch out in, it was really nice.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank teresam27
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I was held over an extra day and wanted to change my date to stay at the hotel by 24 hours. They were very rude and and would not even consider letting me do this. They just charged me for the room that I could not use.

Room Tip: Don't use tripadvisor to book a room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Charlene M
Reviewed October 6, 2011

A good place to stay while attending events in Columbia be it sporting events at the University of South Carolina if you need to stay overnight or if attending events at the Colonial Center. It is convienient to the airport but there are no major restaurants nearby.
This is a place to overnite if traveling as it is next to Interstate 26.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo