“Don't judge the food by the decor”

Sawasdee Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Aiken, South Carolina
“Don't judge the food by the decor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

We have been here many times and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent with fresh flavors and wonderful variety. The staff is friendly and helpful. If you like spicy food, try the spicy catfish; it will open your sinuses.

The appetizers are well worth trying - many choices from satay to BBQ meatballs and more. The kids like several of the fried rice dishes, the Beef and broccoli stir fry and love the donuts for after dinner.

The building is plain and the decorations don't really add to the experience, but the food and serice is wonderful.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank KathyinAiken

Aiken, South Carolina
“Surprise in the Valley!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I heard about this restaurant from a couple of friends who said they had really good food despite their off the beaten path location in Warrenville. They were right, everything we had was delicious. It's not far off the bypass, but unless you are going to the valley, you won't see it. Well worth the minor effort to find, and we will be regulars now. Menu has mild food for those with tender palates or tummies.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank khbyaya
“Great Place for Thai .... Yes in the Aiken Area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Been to many Thai places ans can be added to one of my favorites. Had curry with shrimp and couldn't stop eating. I would go there day after day!

1 Thank Nicks7000
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
“Don't be fooled by appearances!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

After hearing from several people that this was a great Thai place, we decided to try it out for dinner tonight. I'm a big fan of Thai, but I can be VERY picky (read: snobby) when it comes to ethnic cuisine, so when we pulled into this little joint with the fake hanging baskets and cheesy Asian decor, I was less than trilled. We tried the vegetable spring rolls (the special for the night), and all agreed they were yummy. Even my dad, who believes "if it doesn't have meat, it's not real food" ate three! I ordered the fish in three sauces, which came pretty quickly and was simply presented on a bed of lettuce with a side of jasmine rice. I was impressed after the first bite, but somehow, it got better and better with every bite I took. I really wanted to have some to take home with me, but it was so good, I just had to finish it right there and then. The portion size is perfect - I left feeling very satisfied (I actually rubbed my belly at one point), but not overstuffed. Our waitress was sweet, polite, and very attentive throughout the meal, without being obtrusive. I didn't have much hope for great Thai food in the Aiken area, but this was honestly some of the best Thai I've EVER had. Definitely recommend it, and I'll definitely be back.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank JulieFromChicago74
“Thai in the valley”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

Decent Thai in a region with little to offer in that type of food. The spice leans toward coconut milk and cilantro.

1 Thank GlennFugate