Rodeway Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Palms Inn & Suites(Walterboro)
Motel 6(Walterboro)
View Hotel
All reviewsno frillstwo double bedsflat screen tvwater pressurefelt safestaff was friendlystoprateshangersroadtaxcleanlinessinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We are a family of 3 adults and two teens. We were heading to Florida for a cruise and needed a late night place to sleep and shower. We picked up a coupon book at a rest stop and found this hotel. We were traveling on a Thursday night so rates were pretty cheap and we called ahead to assure availibility of the room. They had a 2 double bed room with a roll away available. A very nice lady worked the desk and ended up not charging extra for the rollaway so we got the room for $48.00 for the 5 of us. The hotel is large and looks like it had been a chain type hotel at one time-maybe a Days or Comfort Inn. The room was very basic, an older room with an ancient microwave, large fridge and older TV. All worked fine. The beds were only doubles but were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean also. The room overall had a shabby appearence but was acceptably clean and everything worked. The A/c was off when we checked in but once it got going it was cool enough for us. For the price it was a bargain. They had a nice clean pool but it was late and we didn't use it. Coffee and hot chocolate was available in the morning at the office. Across the street there was a McDonalds and a few other fast food places to grab breakfast. I would stay there again overnight.

Room Tip: right off of interstate 95. Cheap prices for very basic older hotel.Well lit parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BeachGirly58
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I am so glad I stumbled on this motel! The rooms were clean and bright, the cable TV had all the usual channels (as opposed to a typical satellite, which has fewer), the bed, sheets, and comforter were cozy and welcoming. The people who worked there were incredibly nice and helpful. There are NO amenities (the only reason it didn't rate 5 stars), but for $36, it was an unbelievable bargain. Besides, you can walk to the convenience store in a minute or so and you can buy whatever you need there. I would say there again, and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stopped here while driving thru from Miami to Boston, the front desk clerck was personable, the room was average. Some paint chipping on the ceiling but that was the worst of it AND I CHECKED!!!! Bathroom was basic toilet and full shower. Bring your own toilettries, not even a small bar of soap. But clean looking and good water pressure. Overall it was perfect for what we needed. A cheap BED for a few hours sleep. Rated poor for restaurant because they didn't have one but supplied coupons to Waffle House across the street for breakfast. GROSS! Terrible for fitness center because there wasn't one. Not that I cared it was a drive. I wouldn't spend a week here.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sunrise010
Reviewed March 16, 2012

you could do worse.... The employees seem very nice and the sheets get washed on a regular basis (the girl stripped our room as we were loading the car).... but.... we jokingly refer to this place as the "Lice Picker's Inn" NO, we didn't see any lice, it's just a joke, referring to the dilapidated state of the Inn. The water constantly ran in the tub and the tub and sink were both rust stained. The carpet was dingy and the lamp didn't work. The place is in dire need of repairs and updating. The price was a little lower than nearby hotels (but not crazy low comparatively speaking), and I've been told you get what you pay for (although I find even then you frequently don't :). It is a dry place to sleep if you aren't too picky... or for that matter, picky at all, otherwise try elsewhere as we will next time.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before checking in and decide for yourself if it is someplace you can sleep
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kim H
Reviewed January 6, 2012

The bathroom was disgusting and smells like bleach. The smell of bleach was so bad it burned my eyes. There was a cigarette butt on the dresser, in a non-smoking room, and the lamp that was one of the three light sources in the room was broken. The sheets had hair on them, and the television was no bigger than 14 inches.

This would've been a bad review with only these things, but to top it off... Someone had urinated underneath the television which was right next to the refrigerator... And
no, that's not the worst of it. That could have gone unnoticed, except the television was unplugged, forcing my face into the most digusting of liquids. Add all of this up, and it was the worst hotel experience I had ever had.

There're plenty of other hotels in the area, even those that accept dogs. For the safety of your sanity, stay at any other of them. It is too late for me, but I certainly do not wish this fate on anyone else. Regards.

• Stayed: December 2011