“ideal location”

Reviewed December 27, 2012

1  Thank grandmerelorian
There are newer reviews for Best Western of Walterboro

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed 2 days before Christmas. Bathroom shower had spots of discoloration. Room 227
The free breakfast only from 6am to 9am. Lobby is small and crowed. There was no place to sit. I asked for some fold up chairs and if we could even stand at the lobby counter and eat. My children 1 and 4 years old and my wife sat on a dirty lobby floor eating from a paper plate. I asked the assistant manager once again to use the counter, I was told no, but that I could return to my room. My room was on the second floor, and it was 28 degrees outside. We left the motel.
I paid $127.64 for that experience.

Room Tip: Pay attention to how the staff treats you and your family. It should not matter if a place is busy...
1  Thank Traveler777_12
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed at this motel on the way back from Florida, The room I stayed in was 115, The motel is slightly off road so not a lot of noise. The motel is located near several service station and there are a few restaurants nearby. The motel was clean and had an extra table in the room to which my girlfriend and I were able to use to set up our laptops. The reception for the WiFi here was the best of any place that I had stayed recently. There was a breakfast with the usual items, cereal, make you own pancakes, a variety of danish and rolls, along with juice and coffee. The staff was very friendly. Would reccomend this motel to anyone traveling on I-95

Room Tip: My room 115 was on the south side of the motel, but dont think this made much difference.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank louisshowalter
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was very nervous about taking our dog on our trip to NJ due to the hotels on the way there. I did alot of reseach to find nice hotels that didnt charge a fortune for having a dog. This one came up so we selected it for the first hotel in our journey. We arrived and immediately there is a sign "We gladly accepts pets please check them in at front desk" We checked in and got our room. The room looked like it had been rennovated except for the carpet which I am assuming is because maybe it was a pet room. It didnt smell or anything just had some wear to it. The beds were comfy but the pillows were strange. They were a little small but comfortable . . . just strange. The hotel location was perfect just off I-95. You can actually see the interstate from the hotel but you can't hear it unless you are outside. It also has alot of room for the dog to go potty. I was upset to see the amount of dog "gifts" that weren't picked up by their owners! I would however recommend to the hotel to have a trash can by the grassy area and maybe even some baggys or sign that says "pick up your dogs mess" . . . no one wants to do it but it should be the owner not the hotel!
For those not traveling with dogs. I was amazed to see how many dogs (atleast 5-7) were actually in the hotel the next morning because I didnt hear any of them throughout the night so either the walls are really thick or everyones dogs were quiet.

1  Thank Tinkerbell1391
GenMgr-BW, General Manager at Best Western of Walterboro, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel. I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts.
We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western of Walterboro the next time you are in the area. We wish you a Merry Christmas and safe travels and look forward to your return.

Geeta P.
BW of Walterboro, SC

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stopover visit on the way to Florida. Great location from I-95. Great value, extremely clean and neat room. Older motel but well maintained but beginning to show some wear. Breakfast was very good and the staff was very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
GenMgr-BW, General Manager at Best Western of Walterboro, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us such a great compliment.
continue their efforts.
We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western of Walterboro the next time you are in the area. We look forward to your return.

General Manager.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Nice place and very convenient location near to I-95 interstate. we felt very welcome by the person at the front desk and the rooms were really good, as expected. Very good sleep and a nice breakfast to continue our trip in a very good mood.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Oscar V,
Thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel.
continue their efforts.

Best Western of Walteroro

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Overall one of the better hotels in the area. Staff is friendly. The rooms are clean and orderly. Comes with refrigerator and microwave. Convenient for quick in and out stay while passing through. Free continental breakfast. Overall good value.

• Stayed: October 2012