“Clean and Comfortable as well as Pet-friendly”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Walterboro
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Walterboro
York PA
“Clean and Comfortable as well as Pet-friendly”
Reviewed January 14, 2010

Stayed on a recent trip to FL along with my wife, daughter and 3 dogs. The hotel was small but suficient for our needs. The room was clean and spacious enough, but we noticedthat there was no clock/radio in the room, apparently a previous guest felt they really needed to have it. The grounds were well kept and the staff extremely friendly. Our room on the ground floor near a side exit was extremely convenient for our 3 dogs. There were no restrictions on the dogs and only a $15 fee, very reasonable compared to some other "pet-friendly" hotels. There is a "Cracker Barrel" restaurant located across the road as well as a diner and convenience store/gas station close by. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009
3 Thank Us2YorkPA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
new jersey
Reviewed December 25, 2009

If you are travelling to or from Fla. this is a great place to stop. It has easy on and off access to the Interstate The rooms were clean and spacious and a good value for the money (watch for coupons). There are lots of restaurants in the immediate area and the motel provides a complementary breakfast that includes waffles. I would put this place on my list of acceptable places to stop when travelling south.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank twotrav
Ottawa
Reviewed November 30, 2009

My first stay at this inn and was very pleased. Clerk at the counter was very friendly and gave us the coupon rate even though we did not have one and even switched my room to the room next to my parents room at no extra cost even though it was a double and I only asked for a single. Room was small but clean and comfortable and even though it was near the lobby, I never heard a thing. The breakfast was ok but not a big choice. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank pgasenior
Virginia
Reviewed November 2, 2009

I had never stayed at a Microtel before but was pleasantly surprised and from the other reviews I was a little unsure about trying it out but we needed to a quick stopover. We were pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable and there was even a "captains-like" bed with drawers underneath. The AC was cold, the water pressure was great, it was quiet and the breakfast was good too. Please keep in mind that we are staying during the "off or shoulder season" and it was a Monday evening so it may not be as quiet on the weekends. Another plus is that there was a Cracker Barrel right next door!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Travelcitytravel
usa
Reviewed September 22, 2009

They charged my credit card a higher rate then I was orally given at check-in.

At check-out next morning, I found out. A different clerk (then the one at check-in) said mngr (who was not around) would have to fix--He/she never fixed problem and never contacted me.

Later, I called and left a message and a call-back number---they ignored. I e-mailed---they again ignored. Other hotels treat guests better.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank repper47
Toronto, ON
Reviewed July 11, 2009

We liked it! The staff first of all is wonderful! Welcoming; and it is obvious they like their jobs! The breakfast is ample, with fruit (!), you-make-em waffles, cereal, toast, juice and the usual watery coffee. ( I'm beginning to think that Americans really don't care for coffee, especially down in the South.) The double queen room is the best, and our room overlooked the pool. Lovely view to see folks enjoying their vacation. Free wi-fi, well-situated hotel and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Toowoomba97
miami
Reviewed June 24, 2009

I was driving up from Florida to New York and noticed a billboard sign stating that this Microtel has an Early Bird Special if you check in before 6 p.m. Since it was 5:30 p.m and the weather was getting ominous, I decided to stop and inquire about the rate. When I asked the front desk receptionist, she stated , humorously, no one knows what the early bird rate is. In other words, it does not exist. She offered me a triple AAA rate of $56 for a 1 Queen Bed Room which I took. The outside grounds of this Microtel is landscaped very nicely with well kept grass and flowers. I also liked that it was directly across the street to a Cracker Barrel. The lobby was clean and inviting. I was given a non-smoking room which I wanted on the second floor. When I entered the room, it first appeared as a budget motel room and small-- Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the bathroom was not properly cleaned and upon inspection of the bed, I noticed the sheets had hair all over it as well as the blanket. The blanket looked liked a pets blanket rather than a standard hotel blanket. I immediately went downstairs to the front desk attendant, Donna, and she was very polite, apologetic and gave me another room. This second room, was a smoking room, but to my surprise it did not even smell like cigarettes. I accepted this room and I noticed there was a real standard hotel blanket and the sheets were clean. This room was properly cleaned as I can see that it was vacuumed and had all the necessary toiletries in the bathroom. However, the toilet did not work properly but was functional. It could have used some maintenance. The televison is small and placed in a difficult place to watch. I have to admit the bed was very comfortable and I liked that the phone calls were free and the availability of having WIFI available which I had no problem connecting to even when it said low signal. The continental breakfast in the morning is pathetic and I just took a banana for the road. Overall, this Microtel is fair but can use some upkeep on the inside. In the elevator, you will notice some scruff marks and that the safety inspection certificate has expired in July 2008. The elevator is slow and can be also be resurfaced. Maintenance and Housekeeping needs to be more supervised by management as this Microtel can be a real nice place to stay. Honestly, I currently see it as a two star hotel with room to improve.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo