“No pool..”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Walterboro
ohio
“No pool..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stopover on my way south. Front desk staff very friendly and the room was clean and comfortable for a stopover night. No pool was not what I wanted to hear. Not a great selection of places to eat dinner. Not sure I would stop here agin unless all I wanted was a place to sleep.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walterboro, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear richord,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We truly appreciate the kind words about our friendly staff members, clean hotel, and comfortable guest rooms. We are glad that you chose our hotel for a quick stopover as you traveled south and hope that you enjoyed your final destination. As you mentioned in your review, we do not have a pool located on site and we apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused during your stay. We hope that you will choose to stay with us in the future when you are looking for a place to stop and rest before continuing on to your final destination. Thanks again for all of your time and feedback.

Holiday Inn Express Walterboro Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Heath, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Good stop over on our way home from Florida. We were tired and decided to give this hotel a try. Overall, clean, very friendly ladies at the front desk. Room was clean, a bit of mildew in the tub, but we were actually so tired we didn't care at that point! Great breakfast with lots of choices. We would recommend for a one night stop over!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walterboro, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear dawnntim,

A special thanks to you and your family for joining us at the Holiday Inn Express Walterboro hotel on your way home from Florida. We appreciate the kind words about our clean hotel, friendly staff members, and delicious complimentary breakfast buffet. We are sorry to hear that there was mildew in the tub. We encourage travelers to contact us right away if they encounter any problems during their stay so that we can solve the problem immediately. We are very glad to hear that we were able to provide a comfortable place to stop and rest during your travels. Please come back and see us again soon!

Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is obviously a place where many travelers stop for the night on a long trip or headed to a vacation spot, which is exactly what we were doing. We were welcomed graciously by the front desk staff (loved the fresh cookies!) and given a quiet room at the end of the hall. The room was clean and there was no "cleaning" or even a "stale" smell that so many hotel rooms can have. I didn't check, but the hotel seemed new.
I would have given it a "5" rating except for two small things. First, there is only one restaurant (a Cracker Barrel - one of our favorites) on that side of the interstate. With a bus having just arrived, the wait was 45 minutes. So off we ventured in search of other restaurants. All of the known chains had long wait times also. We finally walked into a local Mexican restaurant (sorry, I have forgotten the name but it was the only local Mexican restaurant there) and we had LUCKED out! Great food for reasonable prices. Lots of locals there.
The other negative was that this was the most expensive Holiday Inn Express we stayed in during the trip (we stayed in 4) and it was by far the most expensive. I am not sure why because it is not a destination hotel, but rather a stopover for travelers. We stayed there because it fell at the end of the day's drive. That seemed to be true for other guests.
Still, I gave it a "4" rating because it was excellent in all other areas.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walterboro, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Deborah W,

A special thanks to you and your family for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express Walterboro hotel for a quick rest before continuing on to your final destination. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our quiet atmosphere, clean guest rooms, and friendly staff members. We strive to offer excellent customer service and comfortable accommodations to each and every one of our guests so we are delighted to hear all of your positive feedback. While we appreciate your compliments, we are sorry to hear that you experienced a wait at some of the restaurants located nearby. We are glad that you were able to enjoy a local restaurant and hope that the delicious food made up for the initial wait. Finally, we would like to thank you for the feedback about our rates. Our rates do in fact vary based on dates and availability, so we encourage travelers to contact us as soon as they know their travel dates to lock in their reservations. We do our best to offer an excellent value for hotel guests and hope that you feel we lived up to those high standards on this particular visit. Please come back to visit us again in the future at the Holiday Inn Express Walterboro hotel.

Hampton Va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

When we first walked into this hotel we were greeted courteously and found a large covered platter with fresh baked cookies. What a start for a cookie monster. We were provided a room on the third floor. It was immaculate! Clean and comfortable. We had a nice shower and a great nights sleep. Vending and ice machine was close. The morning breakfast was superb. An attendant provided refills of everything as guests gobbled the groceries. The breakfast area was large and easily handled the hotel's full house. We loved this facility.

Room Tip: Many families stay here and the morning departure can be slowed during the summer with only one elev...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank saltwaterrunner
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walterboro, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear saltwaterrunner,

Thank you very much for the five star review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Walterboro hotel and truly appreciate the kind words about our clean, comfortable guest rooms, complimentary breakfast buffet, and courteous staff members. We hope that you had a wonderful time visiting Walterboro and that you will come back to see us again soon!

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel was perfect for our overnight stay. Right off of I-95 and a Cracker Barrel across the street. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and the breakfast area was well stocked and spotless. My husband has sleep apnea and uses a cpap machine. Whenever we travel and stay at a hotel it is a bit of a challenge to find the outlet for him to plug in his cpap.. So he was very pleased to find outlets on both sides of the bed. I realize this is not an issue for everyone but it did make my husband happy.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank travelgirlie49
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walterboro, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear travelgirlie49,

Thank you very much for the five star review about the Holiday Inn Express Walterboro hotel! We are so glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed our close proximity to Interstate 95 and the Cracker Barrel across the street! Our entire team was delighted to hear the positive feedback about our friendly staff members, clean rooms, and complimentary breakfast buffet. In addition, we are glad that you enjoyed the outlets available on either side of our guest beds. Thanks again for all of your time. We appreciate it and hope that you will come back to see us again soon!

Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were in town to visit some family and I chose this hotel because it was the only one with inside rooms (I have a two year old that loves to mess with doors, so I didn't want anything leading directly to the outside). I reserved my room online originally for two days, I decided to change it to one day, went online and modified it. Well apparently it did not go through because I decided to check it again the day we were originally supposed to arrive and my original reservations were still there. I called the hotel and explained and the clerk that answered quickly resolved the situation.
When we arrived, check in was easy; we received a very warm welcome with cookies at the front desk and asked if we wanted bottled water. We got up to the room and it was clean, it had a refrigerator and microwave. Now a few hours after our stay, I noticed that there was a problem with the bathroom. The light switch had crumbs or something sort of sticky on it, but I wasn't sure whether my children had done it (very likely) so I didn't make a big fuss about it. The next thing I noticed was after we had showered, which doubled as a steam room (not really but that is what it felt like), a stain appeared on the toilet. To be honest, I think it was a dried up stain in the knooks of the toilet seat that wasn't noticeable until the steam of the shower caused it to drain out. Again, I wasn't sure if my 7 year old had done it, so I just took baby wipes and cleaned it, but I'm sure housekeeping would have taken care of that. I did call down to the front desk for some more towels, which they quickly brought up and gave us two complimentary toothbrushes because I forgot to bring them for my son's and I even forgot to buy them when we had just gone to the local Walmart ( I came out with everything except the toothbrushes lol). The next morning, my oldest son and I went to breakfast while my husband and two year old slept. There was a great selection for every type of eater and my son particularly liked the pancake machine. Overall, it was pretty good for a hotel breakfast.

My one complaint about this hotel was that it does not have a pool and I REALLY wanted to go swimming after driving five hours in a car that the air conditioner suddenly decided to go out. All in all it was a good stay and true southern hospitality and I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walterboro, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thanks Monica S for the four star review! We are so glad that you decided to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express while you were visiting family in Walterboro, South Carolina. We appreciate all of your feedback and think that fellow travelers will find this information to be very valuable! As you hinted at in your review, we encourage travelers to call us directly to make their hotel reservations. This way, if any changes need to be made, we can access your guest profile and update your reservation immediately. We also encourage travelers to contact our front desk team immediately if they encounter any problems during their stay. Our housekeeping team is always happy to help!
While we are disappointed that we could not provide a swimming pool for you and your family, we are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the delicious restaurants located nearby. Thanks again for all of your time and feedback. We hope that you will join us the next time you are visiting family in Walterboro.

CANAL FULTON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stopper here on way back from Florida, about half way on our trip. What a find. Nicest hotel we've stayed in quite a while for the money. Great rooms, great location and wonderful breakfast. Love the pancake machine. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get there early evening the place fills up fast.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walterboro, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Rick A,

Thanks for joining us at the Holiday Inn Express Walterboro hotel on your way home from Florida! We truly appreciate the kind words about our great value, great rooms, great location, and wonderful breakfast buffet! As you mentioned in your review, we do fill up very quickly. We encourage travelers to contact us as soon as they know their travel dates! This way, we can guarantee a specific room type and do our best to accommodate any special travel requests. We hope that you had a wonderful time on vacation and that you will come back to see us again very soon at the Holiday Inn Express Walterboro hotel.