“Great food”

Main Street Bar and Grille
Ranked #20 of 61 Restaurants in Walterboro
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Summerville, South Carolina
“Great food”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

One of the top two places to eat in Walterboro. The dishes have a professional chef flair to them. I've yet to have anything I didn't like from here. I think they have some of the best fried shrimp I've ever had. You can get them in the shrimp and grits dishes as well. They serve two styles of shrimp and grits and both are fantastic, though they can be a little heavy on the cheese/cream sometimes. The seafood platter is huge, and comes with a lot of food. Also try the Irish nachos or the wings.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Maurice W

North Fort Myers
“Worth The Trip to Downtown Walterboro”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Yes The Main Street Bar and Grille is located three miles from I- 95 exit in Walterboro South Carolina. Yes it's on Main Street in the quaint and picturesque old town. They have a interesting menu. I had the fried shrimp, delicious and mouth watering with a crunchy coating. My wife had the shrimp and grits......WOW...she and I have never had grits this good. Creamy, buttery with a hint of cheese....delish!!
And at a reasonably price. The service was prompt and friendly. We'll be back.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Favsanknaves
“Average place with average food”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This restaurant was picked from a very short list of restaurants from Walterboro. It is located in a very pretty part of Walterboro. The inside lacks a little cleaning and could benefit with some upgrades. I was dissapointed that there were so few people working this place, I honestly think the waiter cooked our food after we ordered it, and at the same time was working as a bartender. (He was working hard though), and the food was delivered in a reasonable amount of time.
The food: I ate with a party of guests and I ordered the ribeye, I asked for medium rare, but it came totally rare. I didn't complain, it was seasoned ok but to be honest I can cook a better steak on my personal grill, My colleagues ordered what was supposed to be fresh flounder but came out looking more like frozen whiting with no taste.
The atmosphere: We came there with the intention of having a good meal and enjoying some conversation, but there were only a few locals around the bar and not many others in the place.

I most likely would not go back to this restaurant,

Oak Park, California
“Delicious Food - Go Out of Your Way to Visit This Restaurant”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Did not want to eat at one of the chains while staying overnight at a nearby hotel just off the I-95 in Walterboro so chose, what turned out to be, the perfect eating place in downtown 'old town' Walterboro. Good friendly service, choice of beers, good house wines @ $4.50 a glass and entrees generally around $14.95 on average. My crab cakes with salad were homemade and delicious and my husband's chicken quesadilla reasonably priced at $10.95 was very tasty, plenty of meat and several tortillas. This restaurant seems to be visited by locals more than tourists and travelers passing by. BUT make the effort and go downtown and you will be rewarded! Derek, the owner, started this new venture 3yrs ago and needs as much support as possible from the public to keep this GOOD restaurant a going concern!

1 Thank JaxxC
Valdosta, Georgia
“Good nachos!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Nothing like some good nachos and brews while watching a bike race. Enjoyed the food, the good service, and the brews. The seafood nachos were great, were really hyped up by a lot of the other racers and they were quite good. It was a nice spot in downtown Walterboro, and we enjoyed our visit.

1 Thank wanderingkale