“Fantastic Mexican Food!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Description: Exit 53 off hwy I-95 SC
Yorktown, Virginia
“Fantastic Mexican Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

When we decided to stop in Walterboro on our way back from Florida, we checked Trip Advisor for the restaurant reviews since our go-to fast food- Chick Fil A- was not available. Los Abuelitos was a standout in the reviews and, after eating there, I know why. We arrived at 9:10 pm and they were to close at 9:30. Never once did we feel rushed and the service and the food were divine. The margarita was not bad either :-) After eating the free chips and salsa, we were ready to order. The entrees ranged from $5 to $10 dollars with the upper prices being reserved for dishes including seafood. My son ordered the shrimp and scallops and rice with guac and raved about it. I had the nachos supreme and they did a great job of giving it enough cheese sauce to make it tasty without making it soggy. My husband had the California burrito and really enjoyed it. We left after 10 and vowed to return again next year.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank TNICBZ

New York
“Price can't be beat!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

You will not believe the value you get for your money at this Mexican Restaurant mid-way between NYC and Ft. Lauderdale. 4.50 for a frozen dacquiri and 3 bucks for a beer, not to mention meals in the ten dollar range that would cost double or triple that in any major city. Good tasting, plentiful and decent service round off the good points of this place. Wish that I didn't only get here twice a year when driving down to Florida..

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

It was an older establishment. But do not be fooled, the quality of the food was great. We had the fajitas, and we absolutely delicious with generous portions.

Visited July 2012
Charleston, SC
“Tired of the same old stuff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Went to Los Abuelitos the first time a couple weeks ago because we're sick to death of BBQ and buffets. So found this place on tripadvisor and decided to give it a try. We loved it so much that we went back again yesterday. It was so nice to get real Mexican food. The salsa is fresh and the chips crispy and good. Great enchiladas and refried beans. The service is prompt and courteous, the restaurant comfortable and very clean. Love the tacos the best. Hey, there's actually real meat in there and seasoned perfectly. Liked them so much I had them again the second time. I'll try something else next time if I can tear myself away from the tacos.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Who would of thought ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

My family and I were on our way back from Florida and wanted to stop for the night. We happened to pick Walterboro SC to stay as it was about the half way mark. When looking for somewhere to eat in town we researched and looked at reviews on Tripadvisor, almost all were good reviews so we gave it a shot. I am glad I did look at tripadvisor because I would of never stopped there by just driving by, it's a hole in the wall. Looks like it may have been an old Fast food restaurant. The food was awesome! Chips and great salsa all you can eat. The chimichangas were very good, the steak fajitas were great, and the rice and beans were great. Very authentic. The service was excellent and willing to please. Prices were reasonable, not bad for the big portions you get. So if you like Mexican you will probably love this place!

• 3 of 5 bubbles