“Great bed!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Walterboro
Wellington, Florida, United States
“Great bed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

What a pleasant surprise. We don't usually stay in economy motels because of the beds. We read on trip advisor that this econolodge had comfortable beds and decided to give it a try. Great beds, clean rooms, pet friendly, and nice staff, all for $60! Room even included breakfast for two at Waffle House :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carrie B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Stratford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

No problem at all with the room - updated, clean and comfortable. Just think twice if you are towing a trailer because unlike most motels, you can't drive around this one and once in the parking lot, you're at a dead end. I admit that I'm better towing a trailer forward rather than backing it up - the motel is located on a busy 4 lane road that I didn't want to back into. Lucky for me there were only a few cars in the parking lot and I was able to make a U turn.
Restaurants within walking distance are Ruby Tuesday and an OK Mexican place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pete F
Oceanside, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I recently stayed at this motel and left my laptop computer with my Ipad inside the case as well. Upon realizing it while driving about two hours north, I panicked and then called the motel and sure enough, the girl at the desk (Briana), said she found it in the room and had it at the desk in the office and would send it to me upon the arrival of her manager, Deni. Within the hour, Deni called me and asked for my desired method of shipment. I was totally blown away by the honesty and integrity shown by the staff. I am still so impressed by the care and attention given me at that time and cannot thank them enough. I will be sure to go out of my way to stop at Econo Lodge Walterboro on my next driving south.
Gramanna

Room Tip: You can be assured of your room being clean and the staff outstanding and a real value.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank gramanna
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and I just recently stayed at the Econo Loge in Walterboro and found it to be a good value. I found this place while I was looking at some of the other hotels that had a discount thru the coupon book and they didn't seem good enough. I was about to go back on the interstate and continue on but told the wife I wanted to check this place out. So I went to look at a room and saw that it would do and that the beds had pillow top mattresses and that the room was recently renovated. Their are microwave and refrigerators in the rooms which comes in handy. Now the only sort of bad thing is the fact when I went to take a shower I noticed that the hot water would fluctuate between hot and cold. The shower would start to run when you turned the water on and the stopper wasn't pulled up to just have a shower going. When pulled up both the shower and the fawcett were going at the same time. I should have told the front desk so that's my fault. Now they do have a small breakfast which isn't that great but they do offer free coupons to Waffel House which is nice. The staff is very friendly and I do recommend trying this place out. GPS has this at the old address across the street and my wife and I stayed their years ago when it was on that side of the street. This newly renovated one is better. It doesn't look like much on the outside just average but check the rooms out first and decide for yourself. Now their are no alarm clocks in the rooms and some may say the mattresses are too soft but I love pillow top mattresses myself and so does my wife. I guess everyone can't be satisfied and to each his own.

Room Tip: Ask to see a room first before you check in and they will be glad to show you one.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank dicarlo2
oakdale pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed here overnight on our way south. Courteous staff, clean room. Mattress too soft for my taste.
Room had no type of alarm clock or clock radio. Price did include free breakfasts at the near by waffle house.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Medina, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

This motel was picked after a wonderful econo lodge experiece in Beckley WV. We were traveling with our dog so really appreciated the they didnt charge extra. The room was clean, breakfast fantastic (waffle house) and just an overall great choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank martysuki
new jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I chose this motel for an over night stop on the way to Florida based on previous reviews. I was not disappointed. It was just off I-95. The room was clean and very affordable ($45). The staff was friendly. While the breakfast was minmal, we could have gotten a voucher to The Waffle House for breakfast. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business