“Nicely updated rooms comfortable beds”

Econo Lodge Walterboro
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Walterboro
Tampa, Florida
“Nicely updated rooms comfortable beds”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and I just recently stayed at the Econo Loge in Walterboro and found it to be a good value. I found this place while I was looking at some of the other hotels that had a discount thru the coupon book and they didn't seem good enough. I was about to go back on the interstate and continue on but told the wife I wanted to check this place out. So I went to look at a room and saw that it would do and that the beds had pillow top mattresses and that the room was recently renovated. Their are microwave and refrigerators in the rooms which comes in handy. Now the only sort of bad thing is the fact when I went to take a shower I noticed that the hot water would fluctuate between hot and cold. The shower would start to run when you turned the water on and the stopper wasn't pulled up to just have a shower going. When pulled up both the shower and the fawcett were going at the same time. I should have told the front desk so that's my fault. Now they do have a small breakfast which isn't that great but they do offer free coupons to Waffel House which is nice. The staff is very friendly and I do recommend trying this place out. GPS has this at the old address across the street and my wife and I stayed their years ago when it was on that side of the street. This newly renovated one is better. It doesn't look like much on the outside just average but check the rooms out first and decide for yourself. Now their are no alarm clocks in the rooms and some may say the mattresses are too soft but I love pillow top mattresses myself and so does my wife. I guess everyone can't be satisfied and to each his own.

Room Tip: Ask to see a room first before you check in and they will be glad to show you one.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank dicarlo2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
oakdale pa
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed here overnight on our way south. Courteous staff, clean room. Mattress too soft for my taste.
Room had no type of alarm clock or clock radio. Price did include free breakfasts at the near by waffle house.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This motel was picked after a wonderful econo lodge experiece in Beckley WV. We were traveling with our dog so really appreciated the they didnt charge extra. The room was clean, breakfast fantastic (waffle house) and just an overall great choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank martysuki
new jersey
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I chose this motel for an over night stop on the way to Florida based on previous reviews. I was not disappointed. It was just off I-95. The room was clean and very affordable ($45). The staff was friendly. While the breakfast was minmal, we could have gotten a voucher to The Waffle House for breakfast. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank valerie p
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed December 25, 2012

No complaints about this motel. Great location, price, friendly staff, very clean, everything worked fine. Free breakfast was all anybody needs. When my wife entered the room, and came out with a thumb's up, I knew this was really good. Slept like a rock. The decor -- art work and color coordination was really good. Nothing real fancy, but totally fine.

Room Tip: We were on ground level, and could drive right up in front of the door.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Drewmonizer
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

We picked this motel after reading the ratings on the road and arrived an hour later at 10pm. Everyone was very friendly and concerned with our satisfaction. We paid $45, which I was really surprised at. We had a room on the ground floor and were able to park our car right outside the window to keep an eye on it, as it was filled with luggage. Everything was clean. The beds were full size, not queen and were ok but not fantastic. Not a new property. We basically needed two beds and a bathroom and the price was right. Breakfast was from 6-9am which they said was cereal and pastries I think. They offered that if that was not good enough they would give us a waffle etc. at Waffle House a few doors down. We did not get up early enough but had decided to eat well at Cracker Barrel right down the street anyway to prepare for the long drive to S. Florida. If you need a clean, friendly motel at a really cheap price, this would fit the bill.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marcy K
carolyn c, General Manager at Econo Lodge Walterboro, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
Dear Millc54,
Thanks for taking your time to give the Econo Lodge a review. I am glad to know that you found your accommodations to be suitable. We do strive to make our guest feel at home and comfortable. We hope you will come again and we wish you safe travels.

Kind Regards,
Carolyn Caulder
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I needed to arrive late in the day and this property had just what I needed. A safe, clean (without smelling like it had just been deodorized) and very comfy beds. Have to say the housekeepers should get a raise...it was fastidiously kept and the hotel staff were very nice and professional. We will definitely stay there again on our travels.

Room Tip: No pool or restaurant but there was a small quick store next door serving fresh crab! Yum.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo