“Clean Room (ok to stay in)” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Walterboro

Hampton Inn Walterboro
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Walterboro
Naples, Florida
“Clean Room (ok to stay in)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

The Room was clean but had a funny ordor (good thing I had my Febreze)
Shower Water was hot,
Flat screen TV was fairly new.
View was nice on back side of hotel..
Bed was not the best but I still slept pretty good.

Breakfast was ok fruit was not very fresh..
Over all for price it was good..
I would stay there again..

Room Tip: Get room on back side of hotel, 2nd floor had nice view of trees..
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lee C
Solomon Z, General Manager at Hampton Inn Walterboro, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Lee C,
Thankyou for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your kind words about our
clean rooms,flat screen TV, and Breakfast . I pologize for your experience about the odor in the room. I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping manager to insure the problems you experienced are addressed.
Thank you again and looking forward seeing you in the future.
Best Regards,
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were at the end of the building. Only one elevator at the other end. Beds were uncomfortable.Bathroom has been so poorly designed that they had to saw a part of the edge of the door so it could clear the toilet bowl when opening. Only one spot were you could have ice, at the other end again. Extremely narrowed place allowed for breakfast area. You had to stand till a place becomes available. But the person in charge of the eating spot was very friendly. That was a plus.
I don't say keep away, but if you're in the neighbourhood with nowhere else to go.....

Room Tip: ask for a room near the pool, you will be close to everything. And have breakfast early
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear andre F,
Thank you for taking the time to Share your experiance regardind your stay at our hotel.
I apologize that you were unhappy with your experience here. I have shared your comments with appropriate members of our company to insure the problems you experienced are addressed.Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.
Best regards,
GM
West Suffield, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

Stayed here on our way to Florida, nice, clean rooms and a pretty good free breakfast buffet. Only complaint beds are small, not queen just a double but we were so tired we didn't care. Recommed highly!!

Room Tip: Make sure to have a reservation, this was sold out when we got there and we were very happy we had 2...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Solomon Z, General Manager at Hampton Inn Walterboro, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiance regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are very glad that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our rooms and a pretty good breakfast buffet. Also, thank you for recomending our hotel to other travelers.
We are so sorry that you were unhappy with a double bed . We hope that you 'll stay with us on your next visit so we'll have the opportunity to make this up to you. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.
Best regards,
Pittsburgh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Intended to stay here for a single night while driving north from Florida as Walterboro is a nice halfway point. I had some Hilton points to use and Hampton's are generally adequate properties, so took a chance given some of the poor reviews on tripadvisor. (I won't be doing that again.)

Staff was friendly, but that's where the positives end. Upon walking into our room we were met with a horrible burning mildew smell, the floors were sticky and wet in places.

My wife went down to ask for another room, and one was provided. Upon entering the new room I was met with less of a mildew smell, but noted some bugs scurrying when we turned on the light as well as a number of dead bugs on the floor.

I can and have slept in some pretty seedy places, (traveling in Asia) but seeing my wife and little girls crying I would not stand for it and checked out sacrificing my Hilton points, but keeping my sanity. The lady checking us out apologized and laughingly said she didn't blame us.... I wasn't laughing, but knew I was taking a chance seeing the poor reviews on tripadvisor in the first place, so i could only be upset with myself.

I ended up driving home while the wife and kids slept.

If Walterboro is a halfway point for you I would recommend either spending a night in the Savannah, GA area or somewhere further north such as Columbia, SC if taking I 26 or in NC if on I 95. A lot of the hotels in the SC I-95 corridor are in poor shape.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank grminalac
Solomon Z, Manager at Hampton Inn Walterboro, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear value guest,
I am so sorry that you were unhappy with your experience here. Also I pologize for not meeting your expectations. our hotel is committed to customer satisfaction . Therefore, I have shared your comments with appropriate members of our company to insure the problems you experienced are addressed.
thank you again for sharing your thoughts.
Best Regards,
Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Outside corridor; 2 floors, no elevator. Rooms are clean; internet access; no fridge or microwave. Hot breakfast & friendly staff. Short walk to restaurants.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel.Also thank you for noticing the clenliness of our rooms, hot breakfast, and frriendly staff. I am sorry that you did'nt see our elavator,
which is located right across from the lobby. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again on your next trip to this area.
BestRegards,
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

Find that previous reviews were not correct in our case. Front desk were cooperative and nice, concierge (Jim) was helpful in finding a good restaurant across the st. Room was very clean, bed comfortable. True, it is one of the older HI models, but has been keep up. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel on your review. I appreciate your praise for our hotel and staff. I am honored to have the opportunity to provide you with the best in service and accommodations. Your notes will be shared with our team members at ou next staff meeting.
Your encouraging comments are extremely valuable in making the employees feel important and recognized. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon. Travel safe!
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stay frequently at Hampton Inn whenever I traval and generally find the accomodations excellent. This one in Walterboro does not meet the Hampton Inn standards. It is clearly an old hotel/motel repainted in the Hampton colors, but it remains old, certainly not as clean as the other Hampton Inns, and not confortable. Less expensive than othaers, but not worth it at any price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I am so sorry that you were un happy with your experience here. I would like to utilize this opportunity to express my apologies and concern for the problems you experienced with your stay. I would welcome the opportunity of discussing your stay further with you , feel free to call me at your convenience. ------