“Back Again and Again” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Walterboro
Charlotte, NC
“Back Again and Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

We spent the night at this location on 2010; therefore, when we were close by again we spent the night here on the way to Key West. We were so delighted with this chain and the return trip to Maryland we stopped there again. Rooms are a little smaller but clean, great internet, and breakfast out standing. The staff and host are all outstanding and deserve to be commended for a great job. See you next year,

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Solomon Z, Manager at Hampton Inn Walterboro, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Dear Grannypuc,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We appreciate all of your kind words and are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hampton Inn walterboro.
We look forward to seeing you again next year!
Solomon Zadeh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Upon arrival everything was great! The room was clean, well decorated (flat screen television and granite counter top on the sink). The room was fairly small in size. We could not get cell phone (AT&T) service in the room, so I had to step outside to make phone calls. While sleeping I saw something crawling on my pillow it looked back so I slapped it and when I turned on the light-there was a bed bug and blood splattered all over the pillow. I contacted the front desk to come up and see the bug and notify them of the situation. Upon further examination of the mattress there were several spots all over the mattress. The hotel staff apologized for what happened but assured me it was not a bed bug-I disagreed completely. The Manager said he would not charge me for one night but I told him I should be not charged for other night either. I also told him the mattress should be thrown away and that room should not be rented until it has been exterminated.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Reddieshopper
Solomon Z, Manager at Hampton Inn Walterboro, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Dear Value Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Also, thank you for noticing the cleanliness of our rooms. Our housekeeping staff take pride in their jobs. - I'll let them know that you appreciated their efforts. I am so sorry that you were unhappy with your experience here. We were happy to extend the the 100% satisfaction and refund your stay.
We are contracted with a professional pest-control service, and our policy is to contact them immediately when recieving any complains, which we did.
I hope that you willstay with us on your next visit so we'll have an opportunity to make this up to you.
Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I can do.
Southwest, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Stopped here for an overnight off of I-95 and read all the prior reviews. Yes it is an old property with small rooms, like it was 20 years ago. However, the rooms were very clean and the A/C worked great. Breakfast was very good, standard Hampton menu. The staff was the friendliest I have ever seen in a Hampton. We will return.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Solomon Z, Manager at Hampton Inn Walterboro, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
Aug 11,2011

I appreciated your comments about the cleanliness , Breakfast and friendliest staff. We are pride of our hotel and love to hear great feed back such as this !!
We value each and every one of our guests and try to make their stay as pleasurable as possible.
It means so much to us when guests realy enjoy their stay and how they comeback time after time! we look forward to welcoming you back!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stopped in on our way to Florida, and found it to be very customer focused. The manager of customer service was at the main entrance greeting customers as they came and went....and always with a big smile!

At mid afternoon they had cookies and cakes.....that went very well with coffee and tea.

Rooms very clean! We will stay there again next year on our way back to Florida.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Solomon Z, General Manager at Hampton Inn Walterboro, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
Aug 15, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel on your review. I appreciate your praise for our hotel and staff. I am honored to have the opportunity to provide you with the best in service and accommodations.
Your notes will be shared with our team members at our next staff meeting, and I am confident they will appreciates the recognition for a job well done.
Thank you again for choosing our Hampton Inn. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again on your next visit to our area.
Regards,
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Enjoyed my stay while on a short get away trip. Hotel was clean and nice pool and close to the interstate with plenty of food options very close. Nice breakfast in the morning and took side trip to Edisto Island which is about one hour away and a nice drive thru rural South Carolina. Got good value for the money and would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Solomon Z, Manager at Hampton Inn Walterboro, responded to this review, October 29, 2011
Thank you very much for staying with us and positive experience with others. We are happy you found our hotel clean and enjoyed our breakfast. We work hard to make this happen and cannot thank you enough for noticing. We also glad you enjoyed your trip to Edisto Island and nice drive thru rural South crolina.
Thanks again for your business and posting. We whish you the best in your travels and hope you will visit again soon.

Best Regads,
Ormond Beach FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

The wife & I stayed here on the way back to sunny FL & it was a nice.
Even though this is what I call an "old maid motel" which is an old facility made over on the outside to look like a new one.
We found their ad in one of those highway magazines we picked up at lunch somewhere & for $89 plus taxes it ain't bad.
The check in was friendly & the free hot breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you had a nice stay with us. We look forward to seeing you back again on your next trip to South Carolina.

Best Regards,
Williston, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I have generally had good luck with Hampton Inns, paying more than the average hotels and expecting much more than what I had in return... Yes, the staff was friendly, the room appeared clean but the mildew odor hits you upon entering your room. I thought if we cranked the A.C. it would help...think again. I had difficulty breathing within a few hours and could not get over the dank, musty smell. I did tell the front desk and the reply I was given was " We will let housekeeping know" and that was it. I could have paid half the price at a neighboring hotel, without a great reputation and probably would have been able to breathe and get a somewhat good nights sleep. I am very disappointed and am sure this has to be a common complaint with this location. The last thing you want to deal with after a long day of travel is this.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Mumtie
May 29, 2011

Dear Mumtie:
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Also, thank you for noticing the cleanliness of our rooms, and our friendly staff .
I am so sorry that you were unhappy with your experience here. I would like to utilize this opportunity to express my apologies and concern for the prblems you experienced with your stay.
Mr.Mumtie our hotel is committed to customer satisfaction. Therefore, I have shared your comments with the appropriate members at our company to insure the problems you experienced are addressed.
We were happy to extend the 100% satisfaction and refund your night's stay.
I hope that you'll stay with us on your next visit so we'll have an opportunity to make this up to you.
Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.