“Supporting local businesses”

Deep Water Vineyard
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We took a side trip to visit the Irvin House Vineyards and did the wine tasting. It was a nice way to support a local business and learn about the muscadine wines they produce. From the website we expected a little bit more of a petting zoo than was actually there, but we brought other diversions for the kids and they were fine.

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a very low carb wine
they use the least amount of sugar they can by law. I think they said 1/4 teaspoon a bottle.
a teaspoon of sugar has 4 carbs.
it is not a over sweet wine. It is very nice wine
they have 5 different kind

Reviewed March 20, 2013

A trip to Wadmalaw that started with the tea plantation, ended with a visit to the Firefly Distillery for tastings of vodka, bourbon, rum and moonshine and a walk across a sidewalk to the Irvin House Vineyard tasting room to taste Muscadine wines produced there. If you're not from the south, Muscadine is a sweet grape grown there. If you are from the south, this brings back memories of your childhood. Several wines are surprisingly good. Great staff and a lot of fun.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We weren't sure what to expect from South Carolina wine but we had an amusing time finding out. This is a fun outdoor setting that looks like it would be a hoot and a half during the summer. It just screams outside chairs, BBQ, and kids running around. In the winter, it is a low-key family-run winery with sweet wines. I am not a sweet wine person, so I didn't buy any bottles to bring home but I enjoyed the video presentation and learning about the history of the winery.

Across the path is the Firefly distillery. I had a lot of fun making horrible faces as I sampled some pretty strong alcohol (I'm a novice). But we did bring home a bottle of the Lemonade Vodka. Wow, that is some tasty stuff! And due to its limited shelf life, we have to drink it within the next four months. Fine, twist my arm.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

If you are not planning to do any wine or Firefly tastings than this visit is not much more than watching people do so. There was no tour, no food, just a couple of shops selling local products. It appeared that there were facilities for cooking but nothing doing in that department while we were there in early March. Nice drive, beautiful locale made the journey worthwhile.