“Delicious home cooked type food!!”

The Whistle Stop at The American Cafe'
Greenville, SC
“Delicious home cooked type food!!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Have eaten here twice now and both times, the food was delicious!! Items I would recommend are the shrimp and grits, Mac-n-cheese, BBQ pork, chicken and potato chip appetizer. Service is good as well. So nice to have more dining options in TR!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank FSUgirlGreenville

“Great place!!!”
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Delicious burgers and very attentive staff. Definitely plan to eat here if you are in the area. Be sure and try the pimento cheeseburger and don't miss the sweet potato fries.

“Beautiful but not worth it.”
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

My husband brought me here for Mother's Day with our three year old. Restaurant decorated beautifully but as soon as we were seated our excitement changed completely. It was loud, the menu did not have much to choose from and was overly priced. We felt rude to leave so we decided to try it out. Finding ourselves even more disappointed to receive food that was not made from scratch. All the food seemed to be canned vegetables, and bland tasting meats. Completely unsatisfied and will not return!

3 Thank Adrienne R
Greenville, South Carolina
“Very good food and service”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Just finished lunch there. The chicken salad on greens was awesome, probably the best I've had in quite a while. Waitress was very helpful, checking to see if there were onions in the salad and if they could be left off the greens. The answer was to my liking in both situations and resulted in an order for that. It was quite large and resulted in a take-home box. The price was very reasonable. The only downsides were that it was very noisy and hard to hear your dining companion and there was smoke in the restaurant from the wood-fired grill. Otherwise I would have given it an excellent rating.

Greenville, South Carolina
“Americana”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I liked the service here a lot. The staff is well trained and really nice. They made me feel good about being there. I had the hamburger steak, green beans, and potatoes. The food was pretty good for such a standard line up. The sweet rolls are free. My compliments to the chef. They had a lot of American nostalgia décor there and the place takes you back to that mythical clean-cut smiling America. It's not square though; they play some interesting alternative pop music. Sometimes I have trouble hearing over background noise or reading the menu in dim light in my middle age. I guess it will just get worse. The restaurant is off the swamp rabbit trail I was biking on. They have a place to lock up your bike. The prices are not cheap, but not terribly expensive either. I paid around sixteen dollars for meal and service. I felt obliged to give a good tip for the extra effort on service. I would go more if it was cheaper. I ate outside on the second story and watched the moon and stars appear.