“Food is blah, service good but slow.”

The Whistle Stop at The American Cafe'
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

This is a very cute place. The ambiance is rustic, but warm. It took our server around 5 minutes to greet us. He was a nice young guy, but undereducated about the food he was serving. We had chicken salad sandwiches. Ask about any little thing you can think of, there are very vague descriptions and the service staff doesn't seem to know much either. The food is nothing to write home about and its a bit overpriced for the portion. We came for lunch and left hungry. Come on TR, we can do better. Will not hurry back.

1  Thank Jessica D
There are newer reviews for The Whistle Stop at The American Cafe'

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have been to The Whistle Stop at least 6 times now...everything I have had has been great. My kids even love the food it's so hard to find a family resturant that eveyone likes, the menu has something for everyone. I am from TR and loved watching all the work being done on the building it turned out beautiful! Vickie has done an amazing job and should be very proud.
Julie C.

2  Thank julie c
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stopped at the new whistle stop for dinner... wow what a huge let down.. you cant judge a book by its cover.. the food was not even average the tast was blan and the portion were small.. but the price was huge.. I could not believe what we were charged, it was bad enough the the food tast as if you were eating a tv dinner. But the cost topped it.. we are done and will not be back .

1  Thank k h
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I just love seeing TR growing and opening new restaurants. The Whistle Stop is decorated so precious. I really hope it does well. The waitress was very friendly and the service was great.I felt like it was a little pricey for the portion and quality of food we received. My husband and I had the cheeseburger and onion rings. When they brought it to the table, my husband asked me if I had ordered him the kids meal. The cheeseburger was very small and just warm. The taste was as if it had been prepared earlier and just warmed up, not much taste at all. It was a busy day and the food arrived quickly. I will give it another chance but definitely order something else next time.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

The décor is fun, funky and over the top! Bring your kids/grandkids and they will enjoy looking at all the old stuff plus the 3 trains. It is very busy, but very efficient and the food is casual and fine. We shared a salad and an oak wood fired oven pizza and it was plenty for 2 and very reasonable priced.

A good place for a fun casual lunch with wait service! Try it!