“Delicious, freshly prepared food!”

Cafe at Williams Hardware
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We offer folks a place to stop in off the Swamp Rabbit Trail, visit with old friends, have a bite to eat, and enjoy an old-fashioned sense of community. The sisters also invite you to browse through the gift shop that features unique food items and other products made right here in South Carolina.
Central, South Carolina
“Delicious, freshly prepared food!”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Drove 35 miles to try the Cafe - and it was definitely worth the drive! As we walked in, we were mesmerized by the artwork on the wall and the variety of pottery, craft items for sale. We were greeted by owner, Nancy McCarrell who welcomed us with a menu and instructions to "save room for dessert" - we then got a table and then tried to make a difficult decision about what to eat since EVERYTHING sounded so delicious AND the baked goods in the case kept calling my name! We ordered at the counter - I chose the Scoops plate- with the option of choosing a scoop of the cold salads and then adding additional scoops of the remaining cold salads and sides - I chose the chicken salad, pimento cheese (cannot resist homemade pimento cheese) and the black-eyed pea salad - all extremely tasty but I must say the black-eyed pea salad was my favorite. Service was excellent -
We shared a HUGE slice of fresh coconut cake - plenty for all - it reminded me of the cakes m mother made when I was little - I could tell fresh coconut milk was soaked into the cake - very good! The owners checked on us midways through our meal and stopped a minute to allow us to express our appreciation for good food -
The atmosphere is casual - come as you are - shorts, sneakers, flip flops are welcome. The cafe is right off the Swamp Rabbit Trail which was keeping the staff busy today - and it also makes for a interesting group of diners - and take time to shop around a little more after you eat - so many neat items to see -
As we left home, we hoped for a unique lunch experience which would lift us out of the summer doldrums - we found it at The Cafe @ Williams Hardware!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank beatlechick

Lake Lure, North Carolina
“Great Concept and Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Housed in a former hardware store, the cafe offers various gift items as well as a varied menu It's a cute place and the entire staff is friendly and helpful. Offering both inside and outside seating, there is a large local crowd as well as the occassional tourist. The food seems to be consistent and the wait is not overly long. On our visit the salad I ordered was just OK, tasting like a packaged salad from Sam's topped with a good but slightly dry chicken salad. My husband's meatloaf sandwich was served traditionally on white bread but no mayo or extra ketchup was offered. My grandson's barbeque wasn't to my liking but he enjoyed it greatly and it was served imaginatively. An eight ounce bottled Sprite was $1.85 - a bit excessive for the surroundings. All-in-all we had a nice time sitting on the screened porch overlooking a beautiful garden. We just didn't find the food as enticing as we had back in the winter when we enjoyed a wonderful homemade soup.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Diane M
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Positively Different”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Now here's a place that's pretty different, in a very positive way, from a typical walk in and sit down restaurant, both in terms of the environment and the culinary offerings. Located right on an old railroad line (now paved over as a walking/biking trail) where presumably old time travelers used to rest, the cafe is kind of like going to a picnic, particularly if you eat out on the screened in porch. The folks who operate the place and nice and friendly, just like family. The food is definitely down home - chicken and biscuits, tuna noodle casserole, meat loaf sandwiches, homemade chicken and tuna salads, homemade soups and plenty more. Not North, not Deep South, not Lowcountry, but somewhere in between, perfect for both Rebs and Yanks alike. Have lunch with an RC Cola or a sweet tea and you'll fit right in. We all enjoyed it thoroughly and plan to be back when we need a rest in our travels.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank AlPhD
Easley
“Greeting meeting place”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I prefer eating on the porch when weather permits. Inside can get crowded and loud when the restaurant is busy b/c tables and chairs are very close together.The chicken salad and the soups are good. Love the sweet tea. I usually meet my daughter for lunch and our bill is around $20.. I've seen the prices for dinner, way overpriced for the locale. Although it is convenient to The Swamp Rabbit Trail and Main St, it's still a hardware store.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Sandra S B
Greenville, South Carolina
“Hometown atmosphere”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Love love love this place! I absolutely love eating out on the porch and having one of my favorite comfort foods. Their daily specials are always worth a try! I love their many quiches, scoops salads (tuna, chicken, or many pasta, fruit or veggie salads), and many sandwiches. The desserts always look amazing and taste that was too if my diet can afford it! You won't regret stopping in here for a bite!

Visited April 2012