“Would stay again”

Travelers Rest / N Greenville KOA
Indian Trail, North Carolina
“Would stay again”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed over a holiday weekend. Clean , quiet campground. The whole campground is shaded by trees. Pool was fine, office staff was great. All utility connections worked. Some nice parks nearby to hike if you like that. Would stay again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Brian S, Public Relations Manager at Travelers Rest / N Greenville KOA, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Hello Dan, we're so glad you had a great time at our campground. We've been working hard to make improvements and would love to have you back next time you are in Travelers Rest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The guy i spoke with "mark " was so rude. I wouldn't waste my hard earned $ here ever agaun.
the pool is never opened as stated on the pool hours. And its dirty. Theres a state park 3 miles up the road for more than half the price of this place! Keep going.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank annmc1977
InsiderPerks, Public Relations Manager at Travelers Rest / N Greenville KOA, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience. We've been working to fix our pool over the last few weeks to correct an ongoing issue with the pump and the filter. That is why our pool has been closed more often than usual and why it probably appeared 'dirty' to you. I hope you'll give us another chance on a return visit, we really appreciate your business.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I are trying out all the local KOA's in our area. This campground is a small campground, all sites appear to be level , and have a concrete pad. ( At least our's was level with a concrete pad). The sites back up to a stream, and it is nice and shaded. The pool was a bit small, but looked clean and tidy- we did not swim or lay out that day. This campground is about 20 minutes away from downtown Greenville SC, where there is shopping, food, and nightlife. I would suggest this campground where you want to get-away and have a nice, quiet trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for staying with us during your recent trip to Travelers Rest and for taking the time to post a review about our campground. I hope you'll consider staying with us again if you ever return to the area, we really appreciate your business.
Blairsville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The campground is awesome! Quiet,clean sites with a beautiful creek behind it. It's right in the middle of Greenville and the state parks plus easy access to the swamp rabbit bike trail. Few things for constructive criticism, the shop is not open during set hours...one morning we wanted coffee and they were closed, one evening we needed ice and they were closed. When they were there they were wonderful and very helpful. Also the restrooms near the playground are not done yet. The sign said they would be open by 3-1-13 but they were still not finished while we were there. As avid campers with a large family, we loved the area and the campground is well worth the few negatives. We'll be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for staying with us Melissa! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and would love to have you back for a return visit. We've completed those bathrooms near the playground and they are now open for everyone and we'll take a look at our store hours to make sure we stay open when our campers need us to be. Often times we'll close for a few minutes during the day to show a guest to their site or clean up the park. Hope to see you again soon!
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I primarily chose this park because of it's proximity to several state parks and that it was pet friendly. We stayed in one of the luxury cabins and were in general quite happy with our stay.

Location: It's within 30 minutes of 4 state parks (Paris Mountain, Ceasar's Head, Jones Gap, and Table Rock), ~20 minutes to Greenville, ~10 minutes to grocery stores south on Hwy 25 (WalMart and BiLo). Restaurants near the cabin were limited. Huntin Camp BBQ and El Rancho Grade (mexican) were the closest but we didn't go to them. There are also several fast food places near the WalMart. We did get takeout from Little Pigs BBQ (near the BiLo) and it was pretty good. If you want a good meal, go into downtown Greenville. The park is right off of Highway 25 but noise was not a problem at the cabins, they are in the middle of the park.

The cabin: We were in the Bending Brook. Note, not all of the cabins are equal. It looked like the Beary Cozy was the only one with a hot tub on the deck. I thought our view was the nicest though. The entire deck was right along the stream. The cleanliness of the cabin could be improved. I wasn't sure that they swept before we got there. The microwave was a mess but we brought it to the manager's attention and he cleaned it right away. It's also pretty small. The loft only has a twin mattress in it. It would be fine for an older child. It was the perfect size for my husband and I and our dog and cat. The cooking supplies in the kitchen were limited. There were no baking trays (not that you could bake much in the oven, it was so small). And they do not include dish soap. I had fortunately brought my own just in case. Good water pressure in the shower as well. I would say the worse thing about the cabin was the door. It's just a sliding glass door and it does not lock very well. It doesn't seem like theft would be a problem there though.

Staff: This was another issue. We had to call 3 times to make a reservation and could not book online either because the KOA website (they became a KOA site 3 months ago) would not let us bring our pets. When we first called, my husband spoke to the manager who asked us to call back the next morning as the office staff had just left and he was unsure about availability. I did call back the next morning to get info and spoke to Gail who was very helpful. We decided to book that afternoon but unfortunately Gail had left for the day so I spoke to the manager, Mark again. He informed me that the cabins were booked for the weekend. When I told him that I just talked to Gail earlier and she said that 3 out of the 4 were available, he asked if he could call me back after going into the office and turning the computer on. He never called back. I finally called again the next morning, spoke to Gail, and booked with no issue. The next issue was on arrival. We had discussed bringing our cat with Gail. Usually they do not permit cats but after explaining that he is declawed and would not damage the property, she said OK. We would be subject to a $15 pet fee (although the website says $25). Well, they charged us $20 for the two pets. Again, this was still cheaper than the initial price. The website also lists that the rental rate is $89/night for Sun-Wed and $99/night for Thurs-Sat but we were charged $99 for all 4 nights. So, in general, there is a disconnect between the website, the office staff, and the manager.

WiFi worked great while we were there.

We liked the cabins and we may stay again after our new family member arriving in March gets big enough to hike on her own.

Room Tip: For cabins, I would go with the Bending Brook if you don't care about having a hot tub. For RV...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
South Carolina
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I almost did not make reservations at Valley Park RV Resort after reading the reviews but we were very satisfied with the campground. The manager Mark and his wife were extremely nice to us. The campground is clean, quite and has friendly seasonal campers. It has a new swimming pool with bathhouse that is kept very clean. Mark is excited about several of his future improvements. The internet worked fine while we were there. My husband and I will be back soon.
The Browns
South Carolina

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sumter, South Carolina
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We stayed there 2 nights-Dec 9 and 10, 2011. Site was smaller than pictures showed but large enough and backed up to a pretty stream. Very quite and convenient to Greenville. Would stay again. Their site map showed Good Sam, however, they do not offer that discount any longer but gave a 10% discount anyway. We were very happy with our stay and will go again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Sunset Motel
Sunset Motel
#1 of 4 in Brevard
Highland Lake Inn & Resort Hendersonville

Been to Travelers Rest / N Greenville KOA? Share your experiences!