“Disappointing”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Travelers Rest
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Disappointing”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a family wedding. We had booked the king/whirlpool room because it was the cheaper of the options for our stay. When we walked in the room, it was dark and just felt dirty. The whirlpool spa took up half of the room! The paper in the bathroom was peeling off the walls, and there were hairs in the shower on the wall, and in the soap holder. Disgusting!
I was very disappointed since I expected a much better experience with a Hampton Inn. Look elsewhere!

Room Tip: book elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank skdonner
Zankhna D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville / Travelers Rest, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. In addition to working with housekeeping we will work with our maintenance team to ensure that we correct all issues mentioned. I again, apologize that your whirlpool room wasn’t what you expected and I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I'm not sure how this location maintains the right to display the Hampton Inn brand. The hotel is old and poorly renovated. There was no hot water in my room two days in a row despite promises from the friendly staff that it was corrected. The rooms are humid and musty. There were roaches in the lobby this morning. Find another hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel are recommended.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Don M
Zankhna D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville / Travelers Rest, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for the review of your recent stay at our hotel. The Hampton Inn Travelers Rest strives for a warm, welcoming and hospitable customer service experience. You are a very important guest to us. I had personally checked your room to make sure you had the hot water in the sink . The hot pressure water was low on the top floor and hence took few seconds for the hot water to run in the sink.I tried to call you but your phone was not accepting any calls. At Hampton ,we offer 100% satisfaction. If you are not happy with your stay with us , we do not expect you to pay.We clearly fell short of that goal in this instance, for that the staff and management team apologizes to you.We have given you the full credit for your stay with us. We appreciate you visiting us and hope you decide to give us a second chance , where we promise improved customer service and a more pristine accommodations. Once again, I apologize for the inconveniences and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My business requires that I travel and stay in hotels 2 - 3 time per week. When I come to the Hampton Inn Tarvelers Rest I am always greeted with a smile (and hot coffee /coco and a chocolate chip cookie). My room is clean and cozy, and I love my hot breakfast! The pool and workout room are always clean and in order. I know my home away from home is always ready!

Room Tip: Book early during Aug - Dec the football crowds for Furman University and North Greenville Universit...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank CoachBanner
Zankhna D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville / Travelers Rest, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. I’d personally like to thank you for the feedback on your stay with us . As a team, we strive to go above and beyond to ensure guest expectations are not just met, but exceeded. We look forward to see you again!
Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Do yourselves a favor and DO NOT stay at this hotel, especially if you are using Hilton Honors Rewards! Be warned - the hotel will cancel your room prior to your arrival to receive upfront paying guests. The hotel is located in an isolated area so there is little accommodation available. The general manager is extremely impolite and aggressive. In addition to this, should you decide to take a room if one is still available - ours was NON SMOKING, but was clearly a smoking room - with cigarette burns in the carpet. The front desk carries a large bottle of FEBREEZE which I was given when I complained about the stench. Apart from our first debacle of having our pre-booked room cancelled by the hotel without our request. The hotel is dirty, decor old, tacky and certainly unlike many low cost hotels which can be found elsewhere. It certainly pays a disservice to the HILTON GROUP and should not carry the Hilton Honors Emblem. I have traveled very extensively and this hotel ranks up with the two worst hotels I have stayed in over the past 45 years. In addition to all of the above - the hotel has debited my credit card twice, another absolute inconvenience to sort out. The general manager does her best to make an unpleasant circumstance worse - I guess with the hope that we would turn around and leave, making space for tired travelers with some money in their back pockets who will pay for a room without redeeming points.

Room Tip: Go to Asheville, NC instead
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Nototravelersrest
Zankhna D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville / Travelers Rest, responded to this review, August 14, 2012

As a team, we strive to go above and beyond to ensure guest expectations are not just met, but exceeded. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at our Hotel. We did not cancell your reservation with us.Infact we were holding your room for you until 7:00am next morning. Your reservation was turned into a No Show because you were not able to arrive on the schedule day. We have not charged you for the No Show .

Again! Please accept our Sincere aplogizes for any inconvenience you experinced at our Hotel.
Saint Peters
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Compared to other Hampton Inns, this hotel has clean rooms and better than average breakfast. The attendant servicing the breakfast bar was diligent and did a great job.

The desk associates were distracted and oblivious to the customers. The guy who checked me in, was visibly irritated I showed up to check in and he had to put down his personal phone call. I would advise throwing away the desk sign that says, "sorry we have stepped away..." It is used too often!

As Hilton Honors Gold member this is the first hotel to ignore the membership completely in their actions. I did get the complimentary newspaper though.

The pool area could use a little sprucing up. And the poor landscaping outside needs watering, it is shabby at best.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville / Travelers Rest, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
On behalf of the Hampton Inn Travelers Rest, I’d personally like to thank you for the feedback on your stay with us . We appreciate your loyalty with our Brand and Hotel .We’re so glad that you stayed with us. As a team, we strive to go above and beyond to ensure guest expectations are not just met, but exceeded. We greatly appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your comments. We will definately work on that. Please accept my sincere apologizes for any inconvenience you experienced at our hotel.

Again! Thank you so much for staying with us.
Alabama
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on our way to pick up children from camp. It's nestled right at the base of the mountains, so we had relatively cool temperatures with low humidty (welcome change from the Deep South). Our room was very clean and comfortable. The only complaint I had was that the in-room jacuzzi tub didn't work.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank uncal
On behalf of the Hampton Inn Travelers Rest, I’d personally like to thank you for the feedback on your stay with us . We’re so glad that you stayed with us. As a team, we strive to go above and beyond to ensure guest expectations are not just met, but exceeded. I truly apologizes for the inconvenience you experienced with the Jacuzzi. It gives me great pleasure to inform you that we have fixed the Jacuzzi ,So next time you stay with us you can enjoy the Jacuzzi. Again, thank you for your feedback. We love having you here!
Morgantown, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My family stayed here for a wedding nearby and enjoyed it very much. We were instantly welcomed to the hotel and treated well by the staff (including housekeeping). Our rooms were very clean and spacious compared to what I expected. For the price and location to the church, I would not have chosen any othe hotel for my stay. I also must mention the comfort of the beds---they were roomy and very plush.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Benjamin D
BrittHITR, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville / Travelers Rest, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
On behalf of the Hampton Inn Travelers Rest, I’d personally like to thank you for the feedback on your stay with us . We’re so glad that you stayed with us. As a team, we strive to go above and beyond to ensure guest expectations are not just met, but exceeded. Taking the time out of your day to fill out this survey means the world to us and is the key to our success here at the Hampton. Again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again
Also consider these accommodations in or near Travelers Rest
#12 of 64 in Greenville
Drury Inn & Suites Greenville
Hampton Inn Greenville / I-385 Haywood Mall
La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenville Haywood

Been to Hampton Inn Greenville / Travelers Rest? Share your experiences!