“best Cuban food in Rock Hill”
Review of CARLOS CAFE CUBAN RESTAURANT - CLOSED

CARLOS CAFE CUBAN RESTAURANT
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
York, SC
“best Cuban food in Rock Hill”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is the real deal! food is as close to being in Cuba as you can get.
The coffee is great and sandwich are to die for.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank mattman36

Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Fabulous Find”
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Stopped for a late lunch and was pleasantly surprised. Not a chain restaurant but locally owned. The food was amazing. Fresh crisp salads. Homemade ranch dressing. My husband had a Cuban sandwich which he raves about . You have got to try the wings. Next trip to this area Carlos Cafe is on my must do list.

1 Thank DGevents
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great food, great service, a little loud”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We loved the wonderfully complex flavors of our meal. Our party had a Cuban sandwich, the chicken & roasted red pepper soup, fettuccine alfredo, the pan fried pork chops and the shrimp and grits. We all loved what we ordered and tasted every one else's food.

Our waitress, a niece of the owners, knew the menu and was friendly and helpful.

Our only complaint is that with the high ceiling, it's pretty loud in the restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Just not good!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The food was bland. The cuban sandwich was so so. We got a couple of appetizers that were tasteless. I've had good Cuban food but unfortunately not here. No juices either and my kids don't drink soda. Even the rolls were stale. The people were rude and disorganized. Never going back. We all left very dissatisfied with the whole experience. There are much better places to eat around here so if you are visiting the Charlotte area, go somewhere else.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank love_2_eat_out97
Flor-Joe S, Owner at CARLOS CAFE CUBAN RESTAURANT, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Sorry you had a bad experience.. Can't make everyone happy... happy dining.
southcarolina
“Nice Addition to Tega Cay”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

First off for the review by linda L: I believe it should be "Not like Ybor City"

Back to my review: There were 3 in my party and we all ordered something different (so we did try each others entrees). We had a Cuban Sandwich, Ropa Vieja, and Pechuga de Pollo a la Parilla.

All three of the main dishes were very good (although I will say the black beans needed a bit more seasoning). We all loved the sweet Plantains, and bread (which was served prior to our meal arriving, and it didn't take long before it was all gone (before we knew it the waitress had brought us a second helping).

We went during the week (Thursday evening) and the restaurant was full. I will say it is not very large inside (it did take some maneuvering to get back to the ladies room between the waiters, waitresses, tables, and customers).

The only thing that I thought was a bit questionable was that when I received the bill there was an 18% tip added on to it already (we were a party of 3 - on the menu it stated that this was reserved for large parties). While I didn't ask about it and just went ahead and paid for my meal (since I figured the waitress deserved it) I did think that it was a little strange.

Overall we were very pleased with our dinners and have plans of going back often.

• Visited July 2012