My family stayed here for 5 nights and were surprisingly disappointed. The stay was a RCI time share exchange and the resort is a Gold Crown Resort which are normally very nice properties. We had no problems with the staff - everyone was extremely nice and courteous. The pools were nice and there seemed to be a little something for everyone.
The disappointment came in the accommodations which was supposed to be a "hotel" room and was cramped, extremely out of date (1980's decor), loud and uncomfortable. The dryer did not dry towels and we had to keep turning the air conditioner on because it got hot and off because it was so loud.
The property is pretty close to Broadway at the Beach, Myrtle Waves, Market Commons, the Grand Strand and other attractions. Factor in travel time when going out because Hwy 17 is a nightmare with the traffic.
We can't complain too much because it cost us next to nothing to stay at the resort but we would be hard pressed to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plantation Resort is a Myrtle Beach vacation resort that offers one bedroom, two bedroom and three bedroom villas for guests. Plantation Resort offers vacation rentals as well as vacation ownership. The amenities at this Myrtle Beach resort include a spa, an outdoor grill, a lazy river, an indoor pool, a fitness center, a beach shuttle and much more. Our resort is location in Surfside Beach which is just south of North Myrtle Beach and Myrtle Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Hotel Surfside Beach
- Plantation Surfside Beach