Plantation Resort
$90
QualityInn
$111
$94
Surfside Beach Oceanfront Hotel(Surfside Beach)(Great Value!)
$99
New Astro Motel(Myrtle Beach)
$60
Hotwire.com
Myrtle Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$70
  • Pool
$70
  • Beachfront
$143
$78
$136
All reviewsoutdoor poollazy riverpartial kitchenactivity centermyrtle beachfree shuttle to the beachbedroom loftthrough rcijetted tubfull kitchenhuntington state parkwasher and dryerweight roomtimeshare presentationbreakfast buffetexercise roomwi fi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My family and I just checked in today. We made the trip from MI. We didn't think that the room was going to look as great as it does. A few people said that the room was small, but I didn't think so. I came here with five other people and we all fit in just fine. The rooms are clean, no ants or any type of bugs were in our room. We stayed in the bldg 213. If you booked your room through Expedia.com, it says on their website that you can get a king size bed and two double bags. Truth is, you get a queen size and two double. You have to be careful when booking this room through Expedia, because when we made our reservations, we first asked for a two bedroom and told them that that was what we needed. They booked us for one bedroom and there was five of us staying in the room.Long story short, my husband called about 3 hours before we arrived and we were told that we were getting a queen sized bed with two twins. My husband told him that he didn't want the two twin beds in the second bedroom and asked if they could change our room to the double sized beds in the second bedroom. They changed our reservation to our room. We talked to a guy named Scott. We are currently staying at this resort, and we are enjoying every bit of it.

The check in was easy and we were given coupons and there is the free WiFi that the resort offers. Now some people say that there is a hidden fee for cleaning that they don't tell you about. This fee only occurs if you stay less than 7 days. We are staying 8, so our cleaning fee is included in our price. Don't believe every review that is on here that states there is a hidden fee for cleaning. I repeat if you are staying less than 7 days, you will be charged the cleaning fee. If you are staying more than 7 days you will NOT be charged. We asked this before we checked in. So you just have to stay for at least 7 days. Other than that, the place is great. On the refrigarator, they have a list of activities that the resort does on a daily basis.

Room Tip: Don't book through Expedia, they will steer you wrong....
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Jennifer Q
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Although it was not on the beach it didn't matter...it actually felt like a REAL resort, unlike what I'm used to in Myrtle Beach. There were activity pools, a nice gym, a shuttle for the beach (which was actually dependable), the villas felt like actual homes. Had a great time and would definitely go again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

I was concerned reading these reviews but our family LOVED our stay. Two bedroom room had a huge king bed in the master bedroom and two full beds in the other, great if your kids don't want to sleep together. Tim checked us in, gave lots of information about local activities, maps to get around town, free passes to the local state park, etc. he treated us like royalty! The suite was very large, kitchen appliances all worked great, washer and dryer in your room, all was wonderful.

You do have to drive to the beach or take a shuttle. We drove and parked all day for $6 right on the beach. Local food was good, plenty of beach shops, everyone was very friendly. We would come back again!

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Rayzorboy
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My family, friends, and I all stayed at the Plantation Resort in Surfside Beach over the week of 4th of July. We stayed in the Presidential Villas Section.

All in all our vacation was great, but I did want to point out the good and the bad when it comes to this specific resort.

THE GOOD:
1) The room was very spacious. Like a lot of other hotels in the area, it was decorated with somewhat of a beachy theme. We absolutely LOVED our outdoor deck! You could exit out to it through either bedroom. In the master suite, their was a large jacuzzi in the room, as well a mirrored vanity. There was obviously a bathroom in there, as well as a chair & a king-sized bed. The other bedroom consisted of 2 beds (I believe they were doubles, but they may have been queens), and a connecting bathroom that you also had access to through the hallway. We found the closet space to be adequate enough for all of us. In the living room is where you found a flat screen tv (clear & large), and we also had a chair, a love seat, and a fold-out couch. The kitchen was right next to that, & it had everything you needed. When it came to cleanliness, I would like to give kudos to the housekeepers because they obviously took a lot of pride in their work.

2) At the Presidential Villas there was a cute kiddie pool & a 24-hour pool, and if you walked over to the main entrance you'd find the indoor pool. I know that most timeshares don't offer breakfast, but they had 1 here. I didn't eat there, so I can't judge the food, but the sign said $6.36 plus tax and it showed a picture of pancakes. And even though I didn't use the fitness area (instead I went to my local health club that had a location out that way), I heard very muscular people raving about it. Also, if you have kids, they will definitely enjoy the pond area where you could see a bunch of turtles swimming around.

3) Unlike a lot of other places in town here this time of year, this place didn't have a bunch of drunken teens running around. My friend and I were the only ones there I think who were in our early 20's, so most every other person came with family, like middle-agers, seniors, and children.

THE BAD:
1) The internet connection was horrid. Sometimes it was non-existent, but most of the time it had very little strength. I felt as if I was back in the days of dial-up. Yes, I'm aware that most people don't stay at Myrtle Beach timeshares on business, so it wasn't necessarily a necessity to have internet, but I have a lot of friends I talk to via email & I definitely felt lost without it. & here's where it got worse: I called up the front desk, & they told ME to call the internet company. Now, I work in the hospitality industry up here in Richmond, & what most brands in the business are doing nowadays is dialing the number to the internet company for you & then transferring you over. So I was shocked that they didn't at least do that for me, you know?? Oh, and if that wasn't bad enough the internet company barely helped. Most hotels I know of have bridges and PC cards at the front desk for slow internet, but since 1 was not offered to me i'm guessing they don't have them. The owner of that property definitely needs to figure something out w/ that.

2) Unless you have the patience of a saint, or you already know where the place is located, I highly suggest you bring your xanax script with you when you try to find the place (GPS or not). You have to turn onto some weird road off of Kings Highway, and then you have to make some obscure turn behind the trees and go through not one, but TWO round-a-bouts in this secluded area, and then you have to drive through a bunch of apartments that all look alike (and that's after you figure out which of the 5 or so complexes is yours in the first place). Madness, I tell you! Oh yeah, & my GPS didn't help because it told me to turn into the grass (literally). So I HIGHLY suggest you talk to a knowledgable employee ahead of time to get exact directions so you don't have to go through what we did.

3) We were located on the 2nd floor, and their was no elevator so we had to carry a week's worth of luggage up the stairs. Now, I do want to mention that we didn't ask the front desk for help with our luggage, so they MAY have helped upon request. But still, even if they did help it wouldn't have mattered on those late nights when you had to load a bunch of shopping bags and beach chairs out of your car (all females, too).

4) The walls were PAPER THIN. I slept on the foldout some nights so i'd have the bigger tv, and I swear it sounded as if the infant crying in the next room was in my room.

THE SO-SO

1) Since we were located off of Kings Highway, the beach was close, but we weren't ON the beach. There was a shuttle that took people to and from, but we didn't utilize it because we liked the freedom of having our own car (and last I checked hotel shuttles usually don't make beer runs). But I will say though that if you did want to spend the day in Myrtle Beach instead of Surfside then you weren't too far away. I'd say less than 10 minutes. And even though we weren't too close to the beach, there were plenty of restaurants and shopping within a very close proximity.

To sum it all up, we had a great time. Would I go back to Plantation Resort?? Honestly, probably not, but that's only because I prefer Myrtle Beach over Surfside Beach (but that's obviously just a personal preference). The resort as a whole was well-maintained, and if nothing good was available in Myrtle during the dates we liked we'd definitely check the place out again.

Room Tip: If possible, ask the front desk at check-in if you can get a room away from others (or at least away from infants) so you don't have sleeping issues because of the thin walls.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank playingtheange1
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Very good for accomodating a large family,complete with kitchen utensils,budget vacationing maybe, lazy pool really tiny,kiddie pool,boring looking...not enough seats for lounging to watch your kids play, 4 tables in 4 corners to utilize spaces, 3 umbrellas available. Indoor pool ok,with clean shower rooms,have to ride a shuttle to get to the beach!! Double bummer, and carry your chairs and coolers! Inconvenience,i say.
Leak in the ceiling when you're in the second floor, where's that water coming from?

• Stayed: July 2012