Our trip to Myrtle might have been clouded by the weather - cold and rainy - but here are some thoughts all the same. Check-in with The legendary CODY was fantastic - realizing that we didn't have an ocean view (due to being booked in by Holiday Inn Club Vacations for a timeshare presentation) I simply asked to be moved - he was quick to accommodate us and ensure that our Priority Member status would help to offset the cost of the move. Cody also offered some suggestions regarding restaurants and general information to orient us to Myrtle - great staff member (best of all the front desk folks we encountered). The breakfast staff at the restaurant are also worth a mention - great personalities and very good service every morning.
Now the hotel itself - it is a bit dated. Cramped quarters - only because we are beginning to be spoiled by the Holiday Inn brand - our hotel room in Salem, Virginia was awesome in comparison to this one. This pool and hot tub were being renovated so that was a disappointment but understandable because we were travelling in the off-season. The beach front was awesome... But cold. What can you do - it was March after all. One of our concerns was the balcony doors - they had a security bar on it that wouldn't stay up - we were locked out on the balcony a couple of times and wondered if we were like the young single lady next door taking pictures of the sunrise in her nighty in the early morning how would we get back in... Luckily our kids came to our rescue. :)
If it wasn't for the fact that the timeshare folks were paying for our room I would have been a little disappointed. Since the timeshare folks were able to convince us to buy - we won't need to worry about this location as an option in the future as we will be staying at the Holiday Inn South Beach Resort next time we are in Myrtle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Oceanfront at Surfside Beach is located just minutes south of Myrtle Beach, SC and minutes from the many Myrtle Beach attractions, including Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, Broadway at the Beach, Family Kingdom Amusement Park, and much more. Situated on Surfside Beach, walk out the door of our hotel to the beautiful beaches of the Atlantic Ocean. Our Surfside Beach hotel offers the comforts of home including spacious guestrooms, complimentary wireless internet access, on-site fitness center, business center, and outdoor pool and whirlpool overlooking the ocean. For your dining pleasure, our Shoreline Restaurant, Tiki Bar, Tiki Hut (seasonal) and Scoops Ice Cream Parlor (seasonal) offer a variety of food and beverage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotwire and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Oceanfront at Surfside Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Oceanfront At Surfside Beach Hotel Surfside Beach
- Holiday Inn Surfside Beach
- Surfside Beach Holiday Inn