Holiday Inn Oceanfront at Surfside Beach
Surfside Beach Oceanfront Hotel(Surfside Beach)(Great Value!)
$244
$234
Official Hotel
Quality Inn(Surfside Beach)
$140
QualityInn
$108
TripAdvisor
New Astro Motel(Myrtle Beach)
$60
Hotwire.com
Garden City Inn(Murrells Inlet)
$165
$158
$266
$244
The Murrells Inn(Murrells Inlet)
$185
$148
$409
$349
HolidayInn.com
Crown Reef Beach Resort and Waterpark(Myrtle Beach)
$325
$317
  • Pool
Tropical Seas Hotel(Myrtle Beach)
$150
All reviewspool and hot tuban older hoteloceanfront roomhousekeeping staffup to datetikiweddingmyrtlemicrowavepetsinlet
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The staff went out of their way to address each and every concern during our weeks stay. Cody was very helpful in helping us get to adjoining rooms on the Ocean side. Rooms are small and the beds are only double-sized, not queen, so thinking that 4 adults can be comfortable for a weeks stay was a mistake, but Cody helped us get a second room. Very pet friendly, it was a pleasure to feel welcomed with our Min-Pin (I think she could get used to Hotel living!)

Room Tip: They have rooms on both sides of the hotel, the Even number rooms are Ocean side and the odd numbered rooms are streetside. Keep in mind the size of the rooms are smaller than average these days and the beds are only full-sized, not queens.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ken H
GMHIOceanfront, Sales Administrator at Holiday Inn Oceanfront at Surfside Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Ken H.
Thank you for great review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff did everything they could to make your stay great!
As you mentioned we do love pets and I am happy to hear your Min-Pin had a great time also. I look forward to sharing your comments with our staff, especially Cody.
We hope to see you guys and your Min-Pin again!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

If luxury is what you seek, this may not be the right hotel for you. BUT, if you want a simple, comfortable, clean room right by a beautiful beach, this is a great hotel to stay at. We stayed here for 3 nights with some friends on a special deal that was being offered, and don't really have any complaints about our stay. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean (which to me is always a top priority), and the beach was wonderful, which is the main reason we drove to SC in the first place. I didn't quite understand why the Tiki Hut outside closed so early each evening... though we were happy with the cocktails served. The pool is nice, with oceanview, and the hot tub was wonderful, especially at dusk when the temperatures were getting cooler. Myrtle Beach is only a few miles away, but we really liked Surfside because it seemed to be less crowded. We did not have a oceanview room, but the back view is still quite nice--a lot of green and just a few houses. All-in-all, we were happy with our stay. The hotel gets 3 stars, but I gave it 4 for location and cleanliness.

Room Tip: Oceanview is nice... but the back view is fine too. So if you want to save some $$, you don't have to go with oceanview in order to have a nice view from the balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ReiseLust_23
GMHIOceanfront, Sales Administrator at Holiday Inn Oceanfront at Surfside Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear ReiseLust_23,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! We strive for perfection when it comes to cleanliness and I look forward to sharing your feedback with our team! I hope we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The rooms were very clean but the bedspreads smelled like they could have been washed.
However, the the bathtub was stopped up and the safe didn't work. The tub was fixed right away, but the safe never did work. We had to lock our stuff in the trunk of the car each time we left the room. We did however get a great deal on the room, so this was a small price to pay. The pool area and closeness to the beach was good. If I had to choose one negative it would be that the room was very, very dark. The walls were painted dark and the lighting was terrible.

Room Tip: Ask what sort of view you will have from the room they give you. Do not accept a room by the resturant exhaust fans unless you like the smell of cooking foods in your room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Annie432,
I am very sorry to hear that you had a couple of less than satisfactory experiences during your recent stay. We do appreciate your business and hope that you will consider us in the future.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

As a priority club member for many years, Holiday Inn has always been my number one choice in hotels that are reasonably priced and usually clean. I was very disappointed when booking with our points that the lobby smelled like vomit from the time we arrived. Also when using points I have always been given the utmost courtesy with respect to rooms. Not only was the value terrible but the hotel ranked on the lower end of most in the Myrtle Beach area. When informing Holiday Inn and the hotel of my displeasure we have never even received a response. Therefore, I call it a case of poor management. I would not reccomend staying at the Holiday Inn Surfside Beach, SC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank William D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanfront at Surfside Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear William D,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Member and taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am very sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory experience during your recent stay. I have taken note of your comments. We will certainly look into these.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband & I booked a room at the Holiday Inn after an awful experience at another hotel a few miles away, I called Victoria at the Holiday Inn at 8:00 AM & asked if there were any rooms available immediately. She was so friendly & helpful & after I explained our situation she was able to get us a room right away. We checked in 9:00 AM, got settled in our beautiful, spotless room & were on the beach by 10:00 AM.
Can't say enough about the staff & the location was perfect.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ps61nj

Dear ps61nj,
I am sorry to hear about your bad experience at a different hotel, but I wanted to THANK YOU for giving us the opportunity to show you how great our hotel and staff is.
I look forward to sharing your comments with our staff, especially Victoria.
We hope to see you guys again!