Holiday Inn Oceanfront at Surfside Beach
Surfside Beach Oceanfront Hotel(Surfside Beach)(Great Value!)
$244
Plantation Resort(Surfside Beach)
$249
$108
TripAdvisor
New Astro Motel(Myrtle Beach)
$60
Hotels.com
Garden City Inn(Murrells Inlet)
$165
$216
The Murrells Inn(Murrells Inlet)
$185
$148
TripAdvisor
Country Club Villas(Surfside Beach)
Hotels.com
All reviewspool and hot tuban older hoteloceanfront roomhousekeeping staffup to datetikiweddingmyrtlemicrowavepetsinlet
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The rooms were very clean but the bedspreads smelled like they could have been washed.
However, the the bathtub was stopped up and the safe didn't work. The tub was fixed right away, but the safe never did work. We had to lock our stuff in the trunk of the car each time we left the room. We did however get a great deal on the room, so this was a small price to pay. The pool area and closeness to the beach was good. If I had to choose one negative it would be that the room was very, very dark. The walls were painted dark and the lighting was terrible.

Room Tip: Ask what sort of view you will have from the room they give you. Do not accept a room by the resturant exhaust fans unless you like the smell of cooking foods in your room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMHIOceanfront, Sales Administrator at Holiday Inn Oceanfront at Surfside Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Annie432,
I am very sorry to hear that you had a couple of less than satisfactory experiences during your recent stay. We do appreciate your business and hope that you will consider us in the future.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

As a priority club member for many years, Holiday Inn has always been my number one choice in hotels that are reasonably priced and usually clean. I was very disappointed when booking with our points that the lobby smelled like vomit from the time we arrived. Also when using points I have always been given the utmost courtesy with respect to rooms. Not only was the value terrible but the hotel ranked on the lower end of most in the Myrtle Beach area. When informing Holiday Inn and the hotel of my displeasure we have never even received a response. Therefore, I call it a case of poor management. I would not reccomend staying at the Holiday Inn Surfside Beach, SC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank William D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanfront at Surfside Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear William D,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Member and taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am very sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory experience during your recent stay. I have taken note of your comments. We will certainly look into these.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband & I booked a room at the Holiday Inn after an awful experience at another hotel a few miles away, I called Victoria at the Holiday Inn at 8:00 AM & asked if there were any rooms available immediately. She was so friendly & helpful & after I explained our situation she was able to get us a room right away. We checked in 9:00 AM, got settled in our beautiful, spotless room & were on the beach by 10:00 AM.
Can't say enough about the staff & the location was perfect.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ps61nj
GMHIOceanfront, Sales Administrator at Holiday Inn Oceanfront at Surfside Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear ps61nj,
I am sorry to hear about your bad experience at a different hotel, but I wanted to THANK YOU for giving us the opportunity to show you how great our hotel and staff is.
I look forward to sharing your comments with our staff, especially Victoria.
We hope to see you guys again!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Our family stayed here on a recent trip to Myrtle/Surfside beach. We booked our first six nights at another hotel and were disappointed. It was old, dirty, not at all maintained, filled with smoke on the lobby from the bar and half the elevators were down. So for our last teo nights we wanted to stay somewhere else and booked at the Holiday Inn at Surfside which was about 4 miles down from where we stayed at Myrtle. The hotel may have a few years on it but has been very well maintained and they are in the process of renovating. Our room had very ice updated furniture. The beds were very comfortable; probably more so than my own. It was clean and the staff were all very friendly and accomodating. The bar has great watermellon margarites btw;)
There's also a very lovely sitting area in the front to lounge.
My only complaint about our stay here was not directly related to the hotel itself, was the biting flies. For some reason we were being swarmed with flies everytime we stepped outside of the hotel - even on the beach. I'm not sure if its the area itself of another patron mentioned something about the garbage cans on the beach which could have been attracting them but it was a great annoyance not to mention painful after about 20 bites from the guys. If the hotel itself could do something to reduce these flies like spraying or possibly getting rid of the trash cans all along the back of the hotel along the coast then we would be happy to stay here next again for our next trip.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Rachel O

Dear Rachel O,
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay.
I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time at our hotel and to hear you took advantage of our Tiki Bar. Sorry to hear about the biting flies, unfortunately the garbage cans on the beach belong to the City, we are not able to move them.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This Holiday Inn location, like many others, is undergoing renovations, and the improvements so far are pretty great! The staff are terrifically pleasant (except for one night clerk, but who can blame her? nobody likes the graveyard shift!), and the location is far enough from the busier area of Myrtle Beach itself.
This hotel is in Surfside Beach, which is just a few miles south of the Myrtle Beach hub. That being said, you will find a less crowded beach and a neighborhood in the surround, not a bustling commercial center (like the other Holiday Inn near Broadway at the Beach).
Positives? nice location, great breakfast (you pay for it here, but the Omega diner up the block is great), decent rooms, instant beach access.
Negatives? the pool/jacuzzi area is small, (but the beach is right there!) the jacuzzi needs an update or a really deep cleaning, the lighting in the hallway is dim, but perhaps this will be renovated in the future (I hope so, with dim lighting, it gives the hotel an unnecessary 'seedy' feeling). Also, we stayed in the end of August, and as is typical with most oceanfront hotels, the dehumidifier is a must.

All being said, if you don't get a travel deal, it may not be worth the price to stay here. Myrtle Beach is a top tourist attraction, and if you didn't already know this, now you are warned. Most hotels in the area are going to be overpriced. This one is a great place to take a rest after spending busy days on the beach, and nights out on the town. Don't make it the resort at which you spend all your time.

Room Tip: Get an oceanview room. The other option is "city view" which really just overlooks the parking lot and the adjacent neighborhood.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TGAC
GMHIOceanfront, Sales Administrator at Holiday Inn Oceanfront at Surfside Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear TGAC,
Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time at our hotel and we hope to see you again soon! As you mentioned we are renovating to make our property even better. Also starting next year all of our rooms are going to be nonsmoking.