Holiday Inn Oceanfront at Surfside Beach
RodewayInn
Quality Inn(Surfside Beach)
$90
QualityInn
Surfside Beach Oceanfront Hotel(Surfside Beach)(Great Value!)
$99
Plantation Resort(Surfside Beach)
$85
$82
Travelocity
New Astro Motel(Myrtle Beach)
$60
Hotwire.com
Myrtle Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$70
  • Pool
$70
  • Beachfront
$143
$78
$136
All reviewspool and hot tuban older hoteloceanfront roomhousekeeping staffup to datetikiweddingmyrtleinletpets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Had a one week stay/ocean front view. Very relaxing stay it was nice to be out away from Myrtle beach crowds. Pool area has adequate pool furniture and restaurant/bar and ice cream cafe are available pool side. one Elevator was down for repairs and was due to be fixed the next day after we left. Three beach shower sources for getting the sand off before entering the pool area. Lifeguard is stationed in from of hotel which is an added bonus with children. Restaurant was short staffed and we saw several families leave one evening after a large party arrived. There was adequate storage with a weeks stay for 2 people. A family may struggle with storage options. Caution for children in the hot tub - 1. Water is hotter than usual and the light has no guard and burns happen quickly. There is a spacious open area patio in the front of the hotel with conversion furniture. I would like to return again! Our room had a dehumidifier which was also nice if doors are open but on the noisy side.They were steaming the hall carpets during our visit which was nice and fresh. It was nice to have fridge and microwave to get a few groceries and only leave if you want to. Balcony's are open the the next room balcony...friends were made :-)

Room Tip: Ocean front it so worth it! The other side of hotel view is parking lot and residential
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Audits
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay experience.
I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again very soon!
As you mentioned we are away tucked away in a quiet residential area. It is just a short drive to the main attractions in Myrtle Beach. We do keep our Hot Tub temperature at 104 degrees, that is the maximum temperature for DHEC Regulations. You can also rent beach chairs and an umbrella through the lifeguard on the beach.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

The hotel was nice and clean-the oceanfront room we had was great. But the breakfast buffett was not worth the money. The food was cold, no bread at all and the fruit was very meager. The waitress put the coffee server on the table and never returned. We ate in our room after that meal for the rest of the trip.
Other than that -we appreciated the fact that they tried to keep it quite by calling the police on the people who kept putting off fireworks.

Not a bad hotel but I would skip the restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
GMHIOceanfront, Sales Administrator at Holiday Inn Oceanfront at Surfside Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

I am glad to hear your room was satisfactory to your needs.
The hotel has upgraded the breakfast buffet by adding many new items.
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay.
Dennis Law

Reviewed May 31, 2012

I was a little disappointed witht he room that we had. It seemed a little small for an oceanfront room. Maybe it was because it was next to the linen closet and elevators, I am not sure. The room was basically clean, but you could tell it was an older hotel. The bathroom was tiny and the lighting was horrible. However, the staff was very helpful with directions and answering any questions we had. Breakfast was great and of course the fact that we were able to have an ocean front room made the stay enjoyable. I would stay here again, just in a different ocean front room. I beleive we were in 308 or somewhere close to that.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sylvester500
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our queen oceanfront rooms are a little smaller than the other rooms in our hotel. We are going to be remodeling the bathrooms in the fall and also working on getting better lighting. We also just got High Definition on all our TVs.
I will forward your kind comments to our staff. Hope to see you guys soon!

Reviewed May 27, 2012

My family and I stayed there for two nights the weekend of May 19th and 20th. I first want to let the management know that the two young men who were on duty at the front desk those two days were outstandingly helpful and accomidating. I stay in many hotels each year, so I have alot of contact with the front desk staff, and those two young men stood out to me and did a wonderful job.

The room was very clean and modern. Beds were very comfortable.

The location of the hotel is excelllent since it is located in a quiet residential area...........although that particular weekend it may have been noisey due to being bike week which we did not know until we got there.

The hotel is right on the beach with a nice pool and deck area as well. There are summer homes lining the beach either side of the hotel which makes it a quieter area as opposed to other large hotels.

You are very close to Murrells Inlet which has a lot of nice restaurants on the water.

I found this hotel and it's surroundings a very nice break from the busyness of Myrtle Beach. A lot quieter area.

To be sure, we will plan to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ocean side for the quietest area. All rooms have balcony's so you can enjoy the ocean on that side. The other side of the hotel faces the parking lot and houses.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2012

My husband and I have been to bike week several times, and this year we stayed at Holiday Inn Oceanfront. Rooms were normal- nice and clean. Front desk staff was nice, and helpful. The bartender, Jamie, was very pleasant and made us feel welcome. We sat at the tiki bar most of the afternoon on Tuesday, even though we only planned on having one drink. Wish we could have stayed longer and will surely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends