We only live an hour and a half from the Myrtle Beach area, so we usually try to avoid it like the plague, thinking our local beaches are better (of course). My neighbor's husband had to work there for the weekend, so we decided at the last minute to join him as a treat to our pre-teen kids. We picked the Days Inn at Surfside because it was close to his work, isn't in a typically "Myrtle Beachy" area, and the price was right. The staff was wonderfully accommodating, the hotel was very clean, and the location is PERFECT. Surfside Beach has more of an old-time beach town atmosphere--very laid back. The beach is beautiful and ample, the pier is lovely, and you NEVER have to get in your car, as there are beach shops and several wonderful eateries and bars within a few feet of the hotel. The hotel restaurant resembles a Huddle House, but the service is great, the price is right, and the food is, well, Huddle House type food, very adequate. Nibil's Restaurant is next door is fabulous, with great service and a great family atmosphere. Sophia's is across the street and has ice cream treats to die for (at a great price). Check the Days Inn website for big savings in the coupon section.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surfside Beach Resort is ideally situated in the center of Surfside Beach, South Carolina, and overlooks the beautiful Atlantic Ocean with 161 tastefully decorated ocean view rooms. All rooms were recently renovated in 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Surfside Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfside Beach Hotel Surfside Beach
- Days Inn Surfside Beach
- Days Hotel Surfside Beach
- Surfside Beach Days Inn