$153
QualityInn
$60
Plantation Resort(Surfside Beach)
$149
New Astro Motel(Myrtle Beach)
$70
Hotwire.com
Garden City Inn(Murrells Inlet)
$99
$178
Doubletree.com
$236
$209
HolidayInn.com
1,714 results
All reviewsfish shackbeach barsurf dinerfishing pierrestaurants within walking distancepool and hot tubriver city cafesmall balconyocean viewacross the streetgreat place to staybike weekclean roomslocation was perfectfront desk staffshort drivebeach access
Reviewed August 29, 2008

I have stayed here several times. I stay for the location. I like being next to the pier and restraurants. Nybils is a great place to eat.

I like to fish off the pier, so having to walk only a short distance to the pier is a plus. On a down side, the pier is becoming over crowded with the locals.

The hotel is adequate. I like having internet access, and a fridge and microwave.

But if this hotel were not located on the beach, I would probably not stay there as much.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2008

This is rated as 5 sunbursts, the maximum rating, on the Days Inn website. That is an overstatement. Yes, It is on the beach. That is the only benefit to staying here. However, the beach access is right next to a bar, which can ruin walking on a beach at night with your significant other. There where a lot of people catcalling from the balcony. There was also a several people making out in the tall grass near the bar.
The room was dingy, dank and dreary. I was given a double bed for me and my wife to sleep on, very small, despite the fact I had reserved a queen. The wall paper was peeling and the bathroom was moldy. The room was definitely in need of a renovation. I also had to pay a $4.00 a day resort fee just because of the location not for any extra amenities.
I called the customer service number to complain and after two days I finally got a hold of a representative. She did not seem concerned at all over my complaints. My name and number were taken and that was the end of the process.
In short just go stay at another place. There are many, many nice looking hotels on the beach in this area. Better yet see if you can rent one of the condos near this hotel. They looked really nice. Just make sure it's a little farther away from the bar.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2008

Stayed at holel 8/7 to 8/10. Rooms where old, peeling wallpaper,mold around the electric box. rotten wall in bathroom. spings were broken in the bed.They use a very powerful cleaning spray that smells like urine. Staff was friendly. Would not go back.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank lathamdr
Reviewed July 17, 2008

After reading the other reviews here, I was not expecting much during my stay here. However, upon getting checked in, I was pleasantly surprised. I have stayed in nicer places, but also much worse. I couldn't really find anything wrong with the room (and I looked), except maybe for the fact that we couldn't a king size bed, only 2 queens. My refrigerator was on the fritz when I arrived, but a quick talk to the front desk and it was fixed very quickly.

Only thing I can say bad about the place is, the elevators are SLOW.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Spyder228
Reviewed April 25, 2008

After a bad experience with another place, we had to try and find a hotel to stay after we were already in Myrtle Beach! This was a great place for the money! Nice, clean rooms! I noticed someone else said the rooms needed updated, our was fine! Loved the bright colors! All rooms are ocenview! The pier and the ocean are only a few steps away! Lots of neighborhood restaurants close by...my favorite was Bubba's Fish Shack! No problems parking. Only complaint would be that the air conditioner is on the balcony and it gets a little hot with the warm air blowing out the back! Awesome views if you stay up a little higher! Close to all Myrtle Beach locations!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family