I normally don't write reviews. But after just leaving the Surfside Beach "Resort" and sitting in this traffic on my way home, what else do I have to do?
My fiance, some friends, and I are on our way home from about a week stay. We have been staying in Surfside on vacation for the last few years because it's right in the middle of Myrtle Beach and Murrells Inlet.
First of all, this really isn't a resort. It is a pretty nice hotel though. The front desk is very nice. Our room was clean, the bathroom was clean, there was a TV, a little fridge, nice working AC and comfy beds. It was nicer than your average Inn. Our room had an ocean view with a balcony which overlooked the pool and parking lot and we could see Scotty's Beach Bar across the street that is owned by the hotel. Scotty's Beach Bar is a great little bar and we made sure to make a visit there every day. I will get into that one later...
I'm disappointed with the pool. It's obvious that they need to get a bigger, better pool but it looks like they hotel chooses to ignore that. I understand that the beach is literally right there, but come on.. I enjoy a few hours by the pool. On the bright side, it was clean.
I don't own or manage a hotel. But I do own and manage my own bar where I am from. My friends and fiance and I take the time to visit Scotty's Beach Bar every time we are in town. It's a beautiful bar with an amazing view! An even better view than what you get in your hotel room. We found the bar staff to be friendly and hardworking. Jeff was there most of the time we visited. Jeff was very polite, friendly, attentive, professional and as a bar owner myself, it was obvious that he knew what he was doing. We also met Mike who was the bartender in the evenings. Mike was professional and attentive and kind. This bar is very lucky to have the both of them.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay at the beach. The hotel was nice enough to sleep in since that's really all we did in the hotel. We enjoyed Surfside Beach and Scotty's Beach Bar. I know that i'll recommend the "resort" due to it's location. But I can't say the same for the other people who were with me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surfside Beach Resort is ideally situated in the center of Surfside Beach, South Carolina, and overlooks the beautiful Atlantic Ocean with 161 tastefully decorated ocean view rooms. All rooms were recently renovated in 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Surfside Beach Oceanfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfside Beach Hotel Surfside Beach
- Days Inn Surfside Beach
- Days Hotel Surfside Beach
- Surfside Beach Days Inn