Quality Inn(Surfside Beach)
$153
$60
Plantation Resort(Surfside Beach)
$149
New Astro Motel(Myrtle Beach)
$70
Hotwire.com
Garden City Inn(Murrells Inlet)
$99
$178
Doubletree.com
$236
$209
HolidayInn.com
TripAdvisor
1,714 results
All reviewsfish shackbeach barsurf dinerfishing pierrestaurants within walking distancepool and hot tubriver city cafesmall balconyocean viewacross the streetgreat place to staybike weekclean roomslocation was perfectfront desk staffshort drivebeach access
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I had to come to the area for a family member's funeral and chose this hotel due to the proximity to the family member's home...staying right on the beach didn't hurt matters either. The post-labor day price of $59 for an oceanfront hotel was a steal, especially considering the balcony with a great view of the beach. Staff ( I mostly dealt with Bill in particular, as he was on duty for the three or more times in my scatterbrained state that I left my key in my room) was very courteous and happy to help in any way. I travel often, and the usual problem is A) the beds, and B) hallway noise. I can honestly say that for one of those rare times I didn't long for my bed at home because of rock-hard pillows, and I also wasn't bothered by a cleaning staff banging around at 7 am like at some higher rated, higher priced hotels. The only thing that was missing for me was a fitness room. I had to go run along the beach instead, so boo-hoo for me,
Finally, once again, that view alone will have me booking here again- what a great feeling in the morning to open the curtains to see the ocean for miles and miles rather than a brick wall or air-conditioning unit!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
SBRManager, Guest Relations Manager at Surfside Beach Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

We are sorry for the reason for your recent stay with us here at the Surfside Beach Resort but we are so happy you found us. As you realized, our staff is one of the best in the business and they are very good at making our guests feel right at home even in times of hardship. We hope to see you again very soon so we can again serve up some good ole southern hospitality!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I'd like to start by saying they have a very trustworthy cleaning staff. We never leave are valuables out and we always ask for no service to our room. This time we asked for more towels and they were delivered while we were out. This one time, we forgot to lock things up. We left a sony camera, our lap top, our camcorder and a $100.00 bill out in the open. When we returned, everything was just were we left it. Thanks much to the cleaning lady and I hope you get recognized in some way for this. Room 813 on the oct 13th- 15th.
Other wise the hotel itself was so so. It was nice and quiet. We had a clean room. The staff was friendly. I missed a few things, like an ironing board and iron. I was very upset that we could not leave our balcony door open in our NON smoking room, because all around us the smoke from others smoking on there balcony's came into our room. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were not. The garage was closed and not available for use. The elevators were a bit scary to get in, we chose to walk the stairs a lot. The hot tub was clean, but more like bath water than a hot tub. The way to the beach was easy and clean. The decor was.....well.....cheap. I think our headboard was made out of plastic. All in all it was good for what it was, just don't think any kind of luxery.

Room Tip: Ask for a king size bed room near the ocean. Non of the rooms are ocean front, but we had a decent ocean view, being one room away from the end closest to the ocean.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
SBRManager, Public Relations Manager at Surfside Beach Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Thanks for recognizing our staff in your review. The Surfside Beach Resort opened in 1987 and we still have housekeepers that worked here that very first day. It is rare to find a staff with more than a few years at the same property these days. That is a testament not only to their honesty but also to their terrific cleaning capabilities. While we are an older property we work very hard to maintain it and will continue to do so. We are working to improve the elevators and other areas that still need updating. Our wireless internet system is undergoing a complete overhaul and will be state of the art very shortly. We hope you will come back to stay with us again as we feel we offer one of the best accommodation values along the Grand Strand.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My best friend and I booked a different hotel on-line for a Girls Weekend to celebrate our 35th year of friendship. We had no idea it was Bike Week! We used On-Star for directions, which actually brought us to this hotel instead of the hotel we booked on-line. We were thrilled to see the pier with a restaurant, the Bar & Grill across the street, plus Scotty's beach bar. The hotel staff was so nice and friendly that we cancelled our reservations at the other hotel and stayed the weekend at this hotel. Best decision we ever made! Ruby, Bill, Ken, Jessica and the other staff were great! Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable! Even though it was October, the weather was a warm 82 degrees and Ruby loaned us her personal beach chairs so we could enjoy the warm weather. We placed our chairs on the beach in front of Scotty's and listened to music all day including a live band from 5:00 - 9:00pm. The staff gave us great directions and recommended places to eat! Valentino's was excellent! We met some of the nicest biker's and now my best friend and I are planning on making this our annual get-a-way. Thank you guys for making this our best girl's weekend get-a-way ever!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ahayes82

We are so happy you found us and we look forward to your next trip to the Surfside Beach Resort. Plan on having another great time while you are here as we are always working on ways to make every stay better than the last. See you soon!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I took 21 ladies to Surfside Beach Resort for a long weekend. We were very pleased with the decor, the location and the staff! All were excellent! We booked through Hotels.com and the only issue we had was the agent for Hotels.com had only reserved us for one night! I was sweating it because at first the resort thought there may be an issue on Saturday night but Ken and Bill worked everything out and our stay was wonderful! The rooms are nice and very clean. The staff extremely courteous and the location....couldn't have been better!!! Restaurants and shops within walking distance and with your room card you get a discount. You will not be sorry if you stay here! We will be going back on a regular basis!!!

Room Tip: All rooms have an oceanview...they are on the side of the resort. Of course the higher the better view. All are nice. We were on the fifth floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
SBRManager, General Manager at Surfside Beach Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

We enjoyed having your group stay with us. Even though the communication between the resort and your booking agent was not the best we were able to work everything out with very little inconvenience to you and the ladies with you. We are happy about that. We hope next time those details will be worked out well in advance of your stay. From the photos you posted it looks like you made the rounds while you were here and enjoyed all that the Myrtle Beach area has to offer. There is something for everyone here and our knowledgeable staff is great at pointing you in the right direction to where ever you may be going. It will be nice to see all of you on your next trip so make those plans and head on back to the Surfside Beach Resort.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

From Bill taking my reservation on the phone and signing us in, to Nicky at the front desk giving great advice, planning and directions... the room was clean, location was perfect... making for a great trip! Thanks guys!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
SBRManager, Guest Relations Manager at Surfside Beach Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

You are welcome! We do have a great staff that makes everyone feel at home while they are here. We are glad you had a good time and we hope you will continue to let others know about our special little place in the sun here along the Grand Strand of South Carolina.