“Good buffet! ”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

We chose CM based on the reviews and were not disappointed. Our wait was shorter than most. 20 minutes or so. My kids weren't into the hula hoop/DJ thing so we people watched from the bar area.

The food was good. The price of $30 dollars per is pretty even with the seafood buffet we tried last year and the food was better.

Sadly I saw a lot of great reviews for servers and ours was only okay. We had to ask her for drink refills and more plates. She apologized and was friendly enough. Just not what we were expecting after reading accounts from other travelers.

The food was always fresh. My boys were kept full of crab legs and enjoyed some of the other food too. All in all we'll probably try a different place next year because we do one seafood buffet every year and we like to try different things. If you're looking and you haven't been here, I definitely recommend you try it.

scbeachboy, Owner at Crabby Mike's Calabash Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Dear Angie,
Thanks for the review and thank you for posting on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your business and hope to see you and your family again in the near future! Take Care and don't forget to like us on Trip Advisor!
MIke

Write a ReviewReviews (2,040)

Reviewed August 7, 2014

When you pull up, you will no doubt see a line. Tip: If there is a line, then it is worth the wait! There are multiple choices for your dining pleasure. I chose to only eat seafood and it was delicious! We went with friends who recommended it. My husband is a picky eater and I told them that I could get "crabby" Mike at home all the time, why did I need to go all the way to Surfside Beach for more? My "crabby" Mike loved the place as well!

Dear Kim,
Thanks for choosing Crabby Mike's! I am glad to hear that you and your "Crabby Mike" enjoyed your dinner here with us! We appreciate your business and you taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. We hope to see you and family again soon! Take care and don't forget to like us on Facebook!
"Not so Crabby Mike"

Reviewed August 6, 2014

This must be a very popular spot. There was a 45 minute wait and parking on the restaurant lot was not happening and the additional parking in the back and across the street was also crowded so we had to park at the bank parking lot across the street (it was a Sunday so the bank was closed). Now onto the service and food, the waitress was pleasant and kept the plates coming. I know the servers are totally worn out by the end of the night. I stuck with all seafood and was very satisfied with the taste of everything I ate. The crab legs were hot and fresh, the fried shrimp and fried oysters were great and not too breaded. The kids loved it too and the kid's price is reasonable. I will definitely go again. My only complaint is the women's bathroom, it stunk to the point of want to vomit and was not that clean to have only been opened for an hour and half at the time of my visit.

Dear Sonya,
Thanks for the great review and thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor! I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time here with us! We appreciate your business and hope that you will return again in the near future! Take Care and don't forget to like us on Facebook!

Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

So many things to choose from... Everything was fresh and attended to properly. Crab legs were the obvious popular choice but I thoroughly enjoyed the baked salmon and other options just as much. Not like a typical buffet, healthy options as well. The service was great. Will visit again

1  Thank Cami H

Dear Cami,
Thanks for choosing Crabby Mike's! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your dinner here with us! Glad to hear it! Our Chef works very hard to keep our buffet fresh and interesting...thanks for noticing and thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor! I appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Take Care and don't forget to like us on Facebook!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Amazing food! They kept the crab legs refilled! Huge buffet! Great service! Just be there when the doors open or you will be waiting for a table!

1  Thank WandaKP

Dear Wanda,
Mike
Thank you for choosing Crabby Mike's! I am glad that you enjoyed your dinner here with us! I always enjoy hearing from our guest....we appreciate your business!
My staff works very hard and I am proud of the work that they do! Thank you for noticing and taking the time to post on Trip Advisor!
Take care and come visit again soon.