“If you're really, really hungry...”

Crabby Mike's Calabash Seafood
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
PEI
“If you're really, really hungry...”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Especially if you're visiting America from some other country and culture, eating at a buffet restaurant like this is a must. You need to do it at least once. The abundance and variety of food is over the top. Both the causes and effects of the obesity epidemic are clear.

Visited March 2014
scbeachboy, Owner at Crabby Mike's Calabash Seafood, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for joining us for dinner at Crabby Mike's. I am glad that you found it plentiful and enjoyable! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

West Bloomfield, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Crab, Awful Steak.”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

My wife loved the all you can eat crab, which is the only reason I did not give this place a one star rating. I have a shellfish allergy, so I ordered a ribeye steak for $24.99. This was by far the worst ribeye, strip, or filet I have ever eaten in a restaurant. It was a terribly fatty, bad cut of meat. The same could be said for the other person in my party who ordered steak. We complained, but all they offered was a new steak. If we thought the first two were bad, why would we want a third, for our dog? The service would good, the atmosphere was kid friendly, and the all you can eat crab was good.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Frankthetankk
scbeachboy, Owner at Crabby Mike's Calabash Seafood, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Hi!
First of all, let me apologize for the steaks you and your friend received that you did not like. We use USDA Choice beef and try to ensure all of our steaks are great cuts. The rib eye can have more fat content than other cuts of meat but I am sorry you had cuts with too much fat. We usually have very good success with our rib eye steaks. I also want to apologize for the way the situation was handled. A manager should have come to the table and spoken to you personally about your complaint. I am sorry that did not happen. The manager should have offered you a personal apology, a new steak or to remove it from your bill, if you did not eat more than half the steak. I spoke to the manager that mishandled the situation and he realizes where his shortcomings were and I can assure you it will not happen again. I will PM you to fix this to your satisfaction. Again, my apologies for this unfortunate dining experience at my restaurant. I really appreciate you taking the time to bring this to my attention by posting a review. I hope we can work this out to your satisfaction so you can possibly come back and give us another chance.
take care,
Richlands, North Carolina
“No Shortage of Food”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We had a nice experience at Crabby Mike's. There is no shortage of food--especially seafood items--and there were some interesting items among the choices, such as frog legs (surprisingly good). Lots of parking, great service, and not too loud. Good choice for anyone who really wants to indulge in lots of seafood, though there are other options for those who would prefer something else.

• Visited March 2014
Dear Amy,
Thanks for taking the time to post the great review on Trip Advisor! I am glad that you enjoyed your dinner here with us at Crabby Mike's. Our Executive Chef works hard to keep the buffet fresh and interesting...I am glad you enjoyed the variety.
Thanks again and don't forget to like us on Facebook!
Atlanta, Georgia
“HORRIBLE!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Crabby Mike's or better yet Crappy Mike's was recommended to us and was told to be the best in town. We were so excited about having seafood. When I tell you we were disappointed, that was an understatement. We knew we should have walked out when we walked in but we figured we'd give it a try. I felt ripped off by the crappy, cold, overcooked food. I will NEVER EVER EVER eat at Crappy, I mean Crabby Mike's again. You live and you learn. I just wish I didn't have to spend $116 to do it. Grossly overpriced for what you get.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Yvonne D
scbeachboy, Owner at Crabby Mike's Calabash Seafood, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
All I can say is "WOW"! I have no less than 4 managers walking around the restaurant every night speaking to customers tableside and checking the food quality and appearance on the buffet bars. A checkout manager speaks to every server every night and asks them if there were any problems, complaints or unhappy customers and we never heard this kind of complaint since we opened Feb 13th. This time of year they get to speak to most every table that dines with us so I can't believe that they did not speak to you or you were not able to seek them out. Either way, I am sorry we did not come close to meeting your expectations. We do our best on a daily basis to surpass the expectaions of our guests. I hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you fo taking the time to post your review.
Take care, Mike
“Best ever”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Seafood very very fresh..If you can't find something to like here..Im not sure what you eat. They have everything. Loved the prime rib, calabash and shrimp creole. Is pricey..but they all are..and this one is worth it!!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Cynthia M
scbeachboy, Owner at Crabby Mike's Calabash Seafood, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Cynthia,
Thank you so very much for choosing Crabby Mike's! I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your meal! Our Executive Chef works very hard to ensure that our buffet is fresh and plentiful....thank you for taking the time to notice and for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor!
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
Take Care and don't forget to like us on Facebook!