“Great value for ribs”
Review of Bar-B-Que House

Bar-B-Que House
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 17, 2014

OK, so the full disclosure is that I've lived in Connecticut all my life, and we Yankees aren't supposed to know much about Southern cuisine. Truth be told, we do have a few noteworthy barbecue joints in these parts, so I at least have a small baseline to start from. That said, on a recent trip to Myrtle Beach, we stopped in at this Surfside Beach establishment and were pleasantly surprised by the astounding portion of the full rack of ribs - fantastic! Gigantic portion for $20, slathered in just enough sauce to make the serving genuinely messy. The fried okra and hushpuppies were a great complement, as were the collard greens (although these were a bit too salty). Slight bummer was that they don't serve beer on Sundays, but the sweet tea was a delicious substitute. Nonetheless, the ribs were the star attraction, plenty for dinner and enough left over for the next day's lunch. Go and enjoy!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

the best price and barbque I ever eat with out side seats if you smoke clean and good service over all I would rate it from 0-10 a big 10 love this place and cant wait to get back and eat with them again this aug people if you live out of town believe me its worth the ride there

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Great pulled pork, great wings and absolutely the best hushpuppies we ever had. Big portions, good value for our money, a pleasant and friendly staff. We will definately be eating there again next year.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We had lunch and found the food to be outstanding and the price unbelievable. We each ordered one of the lunch specials for $5.99. The chopped poor barbecue was excellent, the french fries were hot and crispy and the hush puppies were outstanding, so good in fact that we had to request another order to share. This barbecue rivals some of the best I have ever eaten including from some really good places in eastern NC. I highly recommend you give this place a try if you are in Myrtle Beach. They also have another location in Surfside Beach on the south side of Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I live 5 minutes away and always enjoyed the bbq. The service is another story. I always go through the drive up window. I've probably gone there at least 20 times and have always left mad and sometimes get even madder when I get home. I've waited sometimes as long as 10 minutes just to get someone to take my order, and then wait another 10-15 minutes before I get my food. I've even waited so long before that I just drove off. I've come home 4-5 times before and had no hush puppies. When I'd tell them about it, they'll just say sorry. Last time I ordered a side of hush puppies and they were so burnt, hard, and greasy that I had to throw them all in the trash. I finally called the manager and told him all of my complaints, and all I got was that he would talk to the workers. I doubt that he did, and if so it didn't do any good. My opinion is that they need a new manager and new waitresses because they are rude and slow.

1  Thank Tootsie642014