“Just ok”
Review of Bar-B-Que House

Bar-B-Que House
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was disappointed in this one a bit. When you pull into a restaurant that smokes their meat, you should be able to smell it from the outside. Not here. And you should be able to smell it once you walk in. Not here. You can 'see' that it was smoked at least some. But you couldn't taste it at all. I had the chopped pork. It was dry. I was really looking forward to eating something different. Coleslaw was ok. The sauces weren't anything special either. It wasn't horrible food, it was just disappointing. I have had great bbq. And we have our own smoker, so I was hoping for something like I was used to having. The prices were decent though.

1  Thank ohiofam

Reviewed August 8, 2013

After trying and loving this restaurant with our family of 5 for the first time last year, we decided to make the trip again this year. Our service was outstanding with the waitress being very attentive and was very pleasant throughout our stay. The food was excellent. Love the bbq ribs, pulled pork, hush puppies and the wide variety of sauces at the table. We usually rent a house in Surfside each year and cook alot of meals throughout the week rather than going out. Out of the few times we eat out for dinner while in the Myrtle Beach / Surfside area, our family has decided to make the Bar-B-Que House a mandatory stop while on vacation every year!

1  Thank GoRavensFootball
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We ate outside, and was surprised to learn that they'd serve us. Had the sweet tea and bbq wrap which was just fantastic; could only eat half! My fam had rack of ribs and the meat was tender-good not dried out at all, someone had the kitchen sink fried wrap which looked really good and he ate the whole thing, and no complaints from the guys who had the big daddy. Best bbq I've had Anywhere in a while, it's too bad we don't live by (on vacation).

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I loved the corn fritters. Have not eat them in a long time. BBQ was good but kind of pink. Waitress was very nice.

1  Thank Beachbound123243
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This place was very nice and clean. Food was great and so was the service. We had my daughter's wedding reception meal here. It was fun. The owner was there to help with the servcie. Thanks Scott for a great time and a great meal....

Dawn Frahm (Pauletter Rippley's sister)