“NOT the best BBQ as stated”
Review of Bar-B-Que House

Bar-B-Que House
Cuisines: Barbecue
Mount Holly, North Carolina, United States
“NOT the best BBQ as stated”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We went to the Bar-B-Que House because it was next door to our hotel and since we were on a busy street, we could not cross it easily. There was a bad taste to everything. Like it had been cooked in bad grease. The chicken I ordered looked like it had been cooked on a different day. It was like it was cooked and then someone just put some sauce on it before taking it out to us.
Not even warm inside. I guess that was the reason that there were only a few people inside.
The waitress was very nice though.
We would never go back.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Penny B

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Decent Food, HORRIBLE Service”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We took our family of 5 here for dinner, because we were told they were the best BBQ on the beach. I'd say it was more like average. But before I talk about the food, lets address the service. I have eaten at probably 30 different restaurants in the Grand Strand area, and by far the service experienced here was the WORST. Our server, Sharon could not maintain her tables. It took forever to get her at the table once seated, drinks were another wait, and then it's like she took a break before coming to take our order 15-20 minutes later. I wanted the fried chicken, but she talked us out of it becuase "it takes 25-30 minutes to cook, that's a long time to wait". Last I checked, that was my choice to wait for that food. When the food finally came, (about 20 minutes later, so only 5 minutes sooner than the chicken i wanted), it was average. the ribs were a little fatty and the hush puppies had no flavor. I usually promote the local restaurants, but I had MUCH better BBQ Food at Sticky Fingers. Again, Service made it a BAD Experience.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Hop2It2day
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“BBQ was good.”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This place was good, just nothing that made you go wow!! Portions were big. I was stuffed. If your hungry for BBQ and a change from seafood, I would give this a try.

Visited July 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“nice lunch spot near beach”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I have a senior lunch here at least twice a month. The pulled pork with one of their many sauces is good, as is the mac and cheese and baked beans. The price is $6.00 with drink included; this is amazing for a decent portion lunch. They presently have a very friendly and competent waitress named Halle Nowak, a college student who could be working at a high end restaurant but apparently chooses to work here, they are lucky to have her. Overall it's always a pleasant experience to dine here.

• Visited June 2013
“Great food!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Perfectly smoked pulled pork, probably the best I've had! Cheap too. Inconvenient location, but well worth the u-turn. Be careful, this place is worth the stop.

• Visited June 2013