“The Hidden Gem of Surfside Beach”

Review of Feels Like Home

Five Minutes to Beach
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Five Minutes to Beach
Master Bedroom with Walk In Closet
Full sized washer and dryer
Exterior of screened in porch
Shrimping boat at sunset
Pier at Garden City at sunrise. A ten minute drive
Sunset over Murrells Inlet
Surfside Beach in the evening
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
bmwpete65
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee
“The Hidden Gem of Surfside Beach”
Reviewed April 7, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

We booked a last minute Spring Break 2018 trip and Richard was very helpful getting everything setup for us. The PayPal transaction was simple and we received our welcome pack with key in 2 days. The unit worked perfectly for us, 2 adults (1 in wheelchair) and 2 teens. The master bath has a tub with a low stepover and the hall bath has a stand up shower. The unit is exceptionally clean and super nice with all the updates. The tile floors and granite kitchen counters are nicer than our home! We loved the beach theme decorations, especially the wind up music globe! The pool and hot tub are only a few steps from the enclosed back porch, but not wheelchair accessable which was not an issue for us.
The drive to the beach is about 2 miles. Check out the 6th Ave. N parking lot. Small, but wasn't crowded during our stay and close to 7th Ave N wheelchair access point. For free Beach Wheelchair, call Surfside Police at 843-913-6368.
We had great meals at Bar-B-Que House which is only 1 mile away and Manny's Deli, about 3 miles. Meyer's Ice Cream is also less than 2 miles and has so many choices!
We will definitely stay here again when we return to the Myrtle Beach area.

Apr 8, 2018
Pete,
Thanks for the review. Glad you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to your return.
Richard
Dodayotah...
“Awesome find”
Reviewed September 13, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

I don't expect much when it comes to the internet, however, our condo was exactly as advertised. Condo was spacious, pool was great, and the area was peaceful. The floors could stand a shampoo but the condo was very clean and well stocked. We didn't want for anything. Thank you!!!

Sep 16, 2017
Thanks for the nice review and input. Carpets are all coming out this winter and being replaced with a combination of ceramic tile and new carpet in the bedrooms.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Perfect place for a family”
Reviewed August 25, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

We loved the condo. My 3 children, husband and myself stayed at Richard's place 4 nights. It felt like home. The kids loved the pool. The pool was right outside the back door. It was very quiet and the place was very clean. I only contacted Richard once when we were there and he quickly responded (regarding wifi). It was close to everything. I have never stayed at Surfside before, but I can't wait to go back next year. I never stayed at someone's condo, either, so before I booked I called him and he answered all of my questions and then he answered all of my text on anything else I had to ask. I was extremely pleased with everything. Linens, towels, plates, glasses, fridge, stove, dishwasher, tv's, air, wifi, washer/dryer, just like being at home. I would strongly recommend this place. Can't wait for next year! There really isn't anything negative I would say about it. I was pleased with my first experience in staying somewhere else besides a hotel.

Aug 26, 2017
Thanks so much for the review. We plan to make more improvements this fall and winter. New floor coverings, cabinetry and counter tops. Look forward to having you back again next year.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice, but carpets needed cleaned.”
Reviewed August 24, 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

Pool was very close, few steps outside of door. Nice having washer and dryer. Beds were clean and comfortable. Close to many entertainment and food places.

Aug 26, 2017
Thanks for the feedback. All floor coverings are being replaced this fall
emeyer17
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Worst vacation we've ever had. Stay as far away from this guy as you can.”
Reviewed August 23, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Everything started very friendly, when booking the condo. Richard did everything he could to make sure I sent the check.. (I should have known something was wrong when he insisted I make the check out to him personally, rather than an LLC or corp.)
Once the check was cashed, things started on the down hill turn...
The "welcome package" sent was an absolute joke...
Still looking to make the best of it, we got on the airplane and hoped for the best...
First day;
Entering the condo, the smell of mold and mildew was almost overwhelming.
Large (very questionable) stains throughout the entire carpeted area. Trying to walk on the carpet without shoes was abhorable because either your socks were going to be soaked from the dirty wet carpet, or your feet were going to slosh in the mucky mess. Over half of the light bulbs were burnt out. Bathrooms looked like they hadn't been cleaned in weeks.
The temperature inside was 79 degrees which I didn't think much of, because it was reasonably cool outside. The A/C was not running, so I turned on the A/C and turned it down to 76 degrees. Tried to turn on the ceiling fan, but quickly turned it back off because it shook and wobbled SO violently I thought it was going to come apart and harm someone...
Second day; Woke up, it was still 79 degrees inside. Stiff back and sore neck from the 35+ year old mattress, feet still sloshing in the mucky "carpet".. After using a whole bundle of Lysol wipes and whole can of Lysol spray to try to sanitize the filth, Hop in the shower... shower head leaking ALL over... Thinking the thermostat was probably like everything else in the place (a little off) I turned the A/C down a few more degrees and we went to the beach.
Third day; We decided to stay inside for the day. Now it's 80 degrees in the place... turn down the thermostat a few more degrees and we went bowling, to the arcade, and a few other air conditioned things, expecting that when we got back to the condo, it would finally be cool... WRONG A/C broke and the place was 81 degrees.
Tried to call Richard, no answer...
Emailed Richard, no response until late the next day which was then Friday.
He ran me around the bush, trying to get me to buy fans to "help cool the place down" while refusing to repair the A/C.
Asking for a refund, as any normal person would do, he calls me a scam because I didn't notify him of the A/C the minute we walked in the door... needless to say, I'm severely upset because I just totally waisted a week that was supposed to be vacation.
I still maintain that I'm owed at least a full refund..
Do yourself a huge favor, stay away from this condo, DBK properties and Richard J Lundblad.

Aug 24, 2017
This review should be pulled immediately. This renter is a scam artist that tried to bribe me into giving him a full refund for his rental by threatening a bad review. He claims the AC in my unit was not working when he arrived on August 14th. However he never called me until Friday August 18th at 7:40 at night to inform me of the malfunction. On Saturday morning I sent my property manager to assess the problem and he could not determine what the problem was. At that point I could not get a technician scheduled until Monday, August 21st. On Monday a technician made a service call and repaired the problem within a half hour. I had also suggested that the renter go out and purchase fans - that I would reimburse him for - to cool the condo until I could get the AC repaired. Even after complaining about how warm it was he refused that offer. Below is an excerpt from my contract (which is standard to the rental industry) that this renter signed that fully explains my policy on equipment malfunctions. I have been renting this condo for over 15 years without anything but excellent reviews. All other claims made of mold, etc. are untrue - read other reviews of how clean our property is.

- REPAIRS - We cannot guarantee air conditioning and appliances. We make every effort to maintain all appliances in good working order and will assure our guests they can expect expedient repairs of any malfunction. However there will be no refund as remuneration for their failure.

Being notified of a malfunction on Friday evening for something that supposedly happened on Monday never afforded the opportunity to make a expedient repair which once notified I performed.
Marlon C
“Birthday fathers day weekend”
Reviewed June 21, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

This is a great place to stay i had alot of fun with my family.the kids loved that the pool is right outside of the door so while they played in the pool i was cooking on the grill i will be coming back

Jun 23, 2017
Marlon,
Thanks so much for the great review. Look forward to having you back again. Ended up booking every day in July this year so make your reservation early next year.
Richard
felicia j
“Excellent place to relax and enjoy the sun without crowds.”
Reviewed May 30, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We loved this place. It was quiet and convenient to all things that we wanted to do. The grocery stores and malls were within excellent distance. The neighbors were nice and quiet as well. It great location for just relaxing with your partner, family or just by yourself.
We truly enjoyed ourselves. We will return again and again.

Thanks.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing