“Not bad...$50 hotel anywhere else”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Surfside Beach
Charleston, West Virginia
“Not bad...$50 hotel anywhere else”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We used this hotel as a one night top before we were able to get into our rental the next day...the hotel is in a great location- very close to both surfside and garden city, and it's one of the few nightly rentals in the area. That being said its proxy for what you get. Anywhere else this hotel would be priced at half a Benjamin, instead it's a Benjamin and a Jackson. It's dated...mildew on wallpaper, very drab and basic rooms...this place is in extreme need of a complete overhaul. I will say they appeared to have a nice pool and the breakfast seemed nice although we passed due to time constraints. If this building would do some renicating, I know without a doubt the would be viable for years to come, albeit in their current status it truly gives me reason to pause...

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank davidk83

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Just came home from a 7 day vacation at Surfside Beach. We enjoyed our stay at the Comfort Inn in Surfside Beach. Just a short drive to the ocean front. The free breakfast had a nice selection of food to choice from. The maids were very friendly and did a good job. Tamera, Dale and Teresa at the front desk were super nice and helped answer any questions I had. Looking forward to visiting this hotel again next year.

Room Tip: If you are handicap, get a room on the first floor. Does not have an elevator.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mount Holly, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I decided to go to the beach a day early, we already had reservations for Mrytle Beach for 5 nights somewhere else. The front desk staff was nice but the room had an awful musty smell. We had to keep the air conditioner on even though I was cold so the smell wouldn't seem so bad. The room was on the 1st floor. I am guessing that the 1st floor rooms have gotten water in them because of all the rain.
We would have asked for another room but by the time we got ourselves ready to go out, The door on the outside of the hotel said they had no vacancies. SInce it was only for one night we did not complain. We could not have stayed more than one night in that room. Very over powering! I would think that housekeeping would be aware of the smell in this room and this room should not have been given out.
The room itself would have been fine if it weren't for the bad smell of the rug, and probably walls. I am guessing the other floors did not have this problem.
May try it again but would only make reservations if they let you pick a floor to stay on.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here, I would ask for a room above the 1st floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Penny B
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The managers would not assist with re scheduling reservations. Asked personal questions and charged us fees that should not have been charged. Rooms are average but service and management dealings are not worth the reasonable price. Don't stay here!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Arwallac

Travelers are raving about these Surfside Beach hotels

West Babylon
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have stayed here several times before and find the people to be the definition of Southern Hospitality - friendly and willing to make you feel at home. The room was very clean, everything worked as it should and the breakfast was good. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to SC.

Room Tip: My room was next to the vending and laundry rooms. Very convenient and not in the least bit noisy. S...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Theresa was great! We stayed here for two nights. The location is great, within driving distance to many attractions, shopping and there is a Denny's across the street that is open 24/7. When we booked online, we were given a smoking room; when we arrived Theresa informed us of this and changed it for us immediately. Our room was very clean. Our tv was out but Theresa came up and fixed it right away. Feels more like a friend's house than a hotel. Breakfast in the morning was very nice, fresh fruits, some cereals, the yummy Belgian waffles ( that I love!) and the traditional eggs, bacon, breads, etc. Very good service and location. I would stay here again. The price was very good as well. This is not a luxury inn or hotel...if that is what you are looking for, search elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I dropped in to the comfort inn to rent a room.. for a week.. wow the lovely lady Theresa who greeted me and checked me in made me feel like a old friend. the room was nice and clean the ambiance was superb. friendly workers. nice breakfast.. ive been going to myrtle beach for years on business... I never stayed there.. but now its the only place I will stay in the future and I go to myrtle beach about 8 times a year.. Donny the night manager was great the day manager. all of the staff made me feel like I was home. loved it and miss Henrietta the breakfast. lady was so pleasant and nice and took care of everything perfectly

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
#4 of 6 in Murrells Inlet
Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort
Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort
#2 of 6 in Pawleys Island

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!