“Mother's Day Misery”

Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Sumter
A TripAdvisor Member
“Mother's Day Misery”
Reviewed June 12, 2005

Whenever I go home to Sumter, I stay at a hotel. I tried the Ramada for Mother's Day weekend. I travel with my toddler son. I found the rooms to be dank and dreary. I didn't appreciate being able to see the mice/rat traps. I would have appreciated the warning. I felt like a prisoner or like I was in great danger due to the constant police presence. Whatever chemicals they use to for laundry, caused me to itch. I had to ask a relative to lend me some of their sheets. They advertise room service, but the hours for it are inconvenient. I didn't try the breakfast buffet so I certainly didn't get my money's worth. Thank goodness there is so much more to Sumter, SC! But Ramada Inn isn't getting any more of my business unless they clean up their business.

• Stayed May 2004
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Keys S, Manager at Econo Lodge Sumter, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
This hotel was purchased by a new owner and LLC the latter part of 2011. We were not responsible for the condition of the hotel prior to that date. It is now an Econo Lodge by Choice Hotels and very much improved with the management staff working hard to continuously offer upgrades.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 28, 2003

I live in the Nashville area but go home regularly to Sumter to visit my mom.

We always stay at the Ramada because of the friendly atmosphere and great cooking.

There is a full hot breakfast - eggs, grits, bacon, sausage, do-it-yourself waffles and other good stuff - included in your room rate.

Added to that, at lunch and dinner, there's a delicious buffet dinner featuring home-style Southern cooking, if you choose to eat at the motel.

SC's native palmetto trees, other shrubs, birds, a brick fence with wrought-iron gates, all add to the ambiance.

The rooms may not be the greatest you ever saw, but the atmosphere and the great food makes up for it.

Thanks, owner/mgr JC Eldredge and staff!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travelers also viewed these Sumter hotels
Hampton Inn Sumter
#14 of 19 in Sumter
Travelers Inn & Suites
Travelers Inn & Suites
#7 of 19 in Sumter

Been to Econo Lodge Sumter? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge Sumter

Property: Econo Lodge Sumter
Address: 226 N Washington St, Building A, Sumter, SC 29150-4205 (Formerly Sumter Palmetto Inn)
Location: United States > South Carolina > Sumter
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Sumter
Hotel Class:2 star — Econo Lodge Sumter 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econo Lodge Sumter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sumter Ramada