“Shaw AFB” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Sumter
BEECH CREEK
“Shaw AFB”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Room was clean and comfy... Close to Shaw AFB and places to eat... Cant beat it for the price.. Was quiet, room was a non-smoking room and smelled great.. Front desk was helpful and courteous.. would recommend this motel to any traveler...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank RUSSELL H
KJ B, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sumter, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Russell H,

Thank you for sharing a traveler review on our site. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean and quiet rooms, friendly service, and great location. We hope that the next time you are in the area that you stay with us again!

K.J.-GM
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites-Sumter, SC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
new york city ny
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel twice and the first time was not so bad but the second time was horrible. The people in the room next to me was loud and rude. I called the front desk and complained and finally they went over to speak to them. The noise quiet down which was good but the rooms are not good at all. If the saying says, "you get what you pay for" then this is certainly true.
I suggest you spend the extra money and stay somewhere else. Also, the man at the front desk seem creepy and he has a nasty attitude.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cherylNew York ... g
KJ B, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sumter, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Cheryl New York,

On behalf of the staff and management of Americas Best Value Inn and Suites, I would like to personally apologize for any issues you encountered during your stay. Our #1 goal is to ensure that each and every one of our guests have a enjoyable experience. Unfortunately, we were not able to meet your expectations. If you should return to the area, please contact me directly and I will do whatever I can to provide a more pleasant experience.

K.J.-GM
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites-Sumter, SC

Travelers are raving about these Sumter hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

For the money spent it was a nice stay. The breakfeast bar could have been better, but again like I said for the money spent it was not bad at all. Location was great you have acess to all the restarunts and the main hwys.

Room Tip: If you are just looking for a nice room no extras this is a good place to stay.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank odres
, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sumter, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear odres,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location to several restaurants and clean/comfortable rooms. Should you ever return to the area, we would love the opportunity to serve you again.

KJ-GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Sumter, SC
Ridgeland, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

This was the second time I have stayed at this hotel in Sumter, SC. My first stay was excellent but I thought it was a fluke but they are the real deal !!!! The room was very clean, comfortable, modern. The bed and bedding was excellent, the air conditioner was top notched !!!! The front desk clerk (Family owned Business) was exceptional. He had my reservation waiting for when I arrived and gave me a excellent bottom floor room like I requested in a area of the hotel I requested. The room had excellent tv cable service, a microwave and refridgerator. For the price, U can't beat them !!! I even think they have a continental breakfast during the morning hours but I did not take advantage of that perk.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank smthchlt29936
KJ B, Owner at Red Roof Inn Sumter, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We are so happy you enjoyed it and certainly look forward to having you stay with us again.

Management
Sumter, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

We recently moved to Sumter and needed a hotel to stay at for a few weeks that would accept a dog. This hotel offered a weekly rate but charged an additional $10 per night for the dog. I admit I did not request a non-smoking room but upon entering the room the stench was so bad it burned my lungs. The bathroom was disgusting. The shower/tub had scum along the entire tub and shower wall. The tub was There were black hairs in the tub. Everything in the room from the carpet to the furniture was just old and dirty. There was a lot of noise outside the room that seemed like other long term renters that had gotten together out on the grassy area. We didn't even stay for the night although we paid for it. I did go back to the owner/manager(?) and told him it wasn't going to work out and we would be checking out the next day instead of staying the three weeks. The owner was nice about it. We were charged for the entire week but he stated he would refund the difference to my credit card today. I haven't checked to see whether he's actually done it but will do so tomorrow. We ended up going to another Inn just down the street. The room is nice and they only charged a pet fee of $25 for the entire stay, not on a nightly basis. If you're looking for something cheap, this is the place for you. It is inexpensive as long as you don't have a pet. I don't think even if I had requested a non-smoking room it would have made a difference. It's just old and worn and you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mycookie54457
KJ B, Owner at Red Roof Inn Sumter, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for sending us your comments regarding your stay with us. We are sorry that we did not make you happy. It is our policy that we charge every guest a pet fee of $10 per night.

We have done some work to our property and hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again. We will try our best to make you happy.

Management