“Definitely NOT Bar Food”
Review of J O'Grady's

J O'Grady's
Ranked #6 of 140 Restaurants in Sumter
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Three of my brothers and myself visited my twin brother, who is stationed at nearby Fort Shaw, for our 6th annual Brother's Weekend. They brought us their house-made, warm pork rinds to break the ice. We had the chili-cheese fries as an appetizer. I ordered the brisket-cut (all of their burgers are that way) 1/2 pound burger with bacon, guacamole, jack cheese, cucumbers and bean sprouts, on the sesame seed bun (the best bread choice). Absolutely killer!!! Three of my brothers also had different varieties of the brisket-cut burger, and the other had the fish tacos. We all had craft beers, and we loved the ice cream with candied pecans, beer and bacon. Great atmosphere (interior exposed-brick, with photos of local sports people framed and covering the walls. They do need a tv over the front door, however, as we sat at the first table to the right and had no view of the ones over the bar or the other one at the back end of the establishment. Definitely recommended, and will return if again in the area.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Wonderful food, great service, unique menu items all make J O'Grady's one of the best best place in Sumter to eat.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Enjoyed a great lunch today with friends. From being greeted to seated, everyone was very friendly and welcoming. Our server was top notch all the way around. I enjoyed the P-15 ground brisket burger with mushrooms, Swiss, special sauce, lettuce and tomatoes and a 1/2 order of fries. The burger was HUGE and delicious. I've never had beef brisket ground for a burger and I must say I was very pleasantly surprised. This locally owned and operated restaurant has many artisan choices available, and flavor combinations unique and indicative of the pride they take in their product. Truly exceptional, I would definitely eat there again and recommend it to all my friends.

1  Thank SCmarym
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This is my second time eating here and I Love this place! I love the atmosphere (exposed brick and old tin ceilings are my style) The wait staff are so friendly and the service is very good. My new fave food is tacos of any kind and they have fish tacos BBQ with pimento cheese (sounds weird but its good) tonight I had the Black Bean Taco with added guacamole and they were SO good. My husband says their burgers are the best in town. Both times I had their Sangria which is the best I've ever had. Their Sangria is better than Columbia's Cuban restaurant in St Augustine which is known for their Sangria. OGradys is better! Granted if your not into Burgers sandwiches salads or tacos their menu is somewhat small but all the items are very well done. My son has been their several times and he said everything has been really good. OGradys is my new fave restaurant for burgers and tacos!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I agree with the previous review. I was expecting good things from this venture but it seems to be off to the wrong start. I am sure management will get it together like they always do but I will not be back until they make some changes. The beer prices are not overly high but they have room to come down. I also agree that if they are going to charge these prices they need to at least serve it in a chilled glass instead of a hot solo cup. I dont understand how this is supposed to be an irish pub when they only sell burgers, fish tacos, pork rinds, and BBQ. There are not enough options on the menu and the prices should be lower than what they are. $9 for a burger is ok but it seems like a side of some sort should come with it. Adding an addtional 2-3 dollars for a side plus any drinks makes the bill creep up pretty high.

1  Thank chrisSumter t